Need help on buying a car site unseen

j4nash

Is there any way you can get extra security and piece of mind when buying a car, site unseen?

I am looking at buying a 1967 Chevrolet Camaro on ebay. The car in not in the U.S. and the deal almost seems to good to be true.

Its prob a scam, I wouldnt deal with anything that wasnt in the states, that is how a lot of scams are done with people selling stuff from outside the US to US buyers. Its not always that case but i would do some serious research on whoever is selling it.

Sure, but you have to check it where it's currently licensed at. Also, how do you know the VIN is the right one for the car? They might have grabbed a VIN off of another Camaro someplace else and are using it.

Sure, but you have to check it where it's currently licensed at. Also, how do you know the VIN is the right one for the car? They might have grabbed a VIN off of another Camaro someplace else and are using it.

true, i did not think about that. do you guys know of any way you can secure payment so that if this is a scame you can't loose your money?

I would be VERY careful of this deal. If it sounds to good to be true it usually is. I see a lot of old vintage corvettes on ebay with a buy it now of 8 or 9 grand. These are the 60's vettes that you know go for well above 20-30 grand usually. What these scammers do is use legitimate photos of cars that were auctioned off in the past so the VIN is true. Then they use an unsuspecting ebayer's name to create the auction. You will usually see on the auction "don't use ebay to contact me-email me direct at whatever". That is if they use ebay it will go to the registered email address; not theirs and they will never get the message.

You also have to usually pay with a Western Union moneygram. Go to google and type in Western Union scam and you will be sick by the amount of sites come up with other people that have been scammed in the past.

I'm not saying that it's definitely a scam but usually if the price is that low on a vintage muscle car it's a scam. You could also do some sort of escrow service so that you pay a third party and then once you receive the car they receive their money but I doubt they will go for that.

00z71sierra

I just called eBay and they said that that eBay user id has been canceled because of fraud, they also said that there is no such thing as an eBay secure payment. So unless I see the car in person, I am going to have to say that this is a scam.

Archived