Do you know how fast you have to go

j4nash

For the fist time I had my truck to 130mph and that is where the windows suck in. :D at 130 there is not much left to accelerate I think that top speed is probably about 132mph with our gears.

ive had it wide open over 120 and then it shifted,i think it may have more than that. it was fast and the rpms kept going up so i would say its right around 140. maybe i can get somone brave enough to see how fast it actually goes.

Well ate 130mph I was at about 5500rpm I will have to pull up my hp tuner log to check for sure. All I know it that when I looked down it was at 130mph. so I don’t think that a 140 is possible with a close to stock truck. :D:devil:

Well ate 130mph I was at about 5500rpm I will have to pull up my hp tuner log to check for sure. All I know it that when I looked down it was at 130mph. so I don’t think that a 140 is possible with a close to stock truck.  :D  :devil:

Up here in Canada 231km using GPS had tune by Bryan and was @5800 rpm. It was definately fast enough for me! I believe that it would hit 6000 rpm.

the C3 has 3.73's. I've had mine to 5400rpm in 3rd (and was still climbing) when I ran up on traffic....which equates to roughly 135 mph. I'm sure it's capable of 140 but don't know how much more.

edit:

oh yea I forgot...didn't notice the windows sucking in though!

My SS breaks your neck back, shifting after the needle pegs 120, and keeps going. :D

I was aside my friends vette to see how fast I was going. 140 according to him, but my truck had 22's at the time and starting feeling extremely light on the road so I slowed down, but forgot to look at the rpm's.

the best i've done in an SS is 136 according to hptuners. i still have the log saved. in that same log the 0-60 was 4.625. the speed was still climbing, but not as fast as the IAT's were.

Well since is post started I had to go and try and see how fast it really goes. So at 120 shifted pretty hard, on to 135 by gps, no windows sucking in, still had a lot to go, I woulda gone faster but cops and cars were a small problem. Maybe next time.

I've had my truck a little over 120. I was still in 3rd gear. I'm not sure if a basically stock truck could pull OD.

I had my 94 z28 up to 147. 4th gens have no window frames so the windows were really makin some noise. :driving:

Archived