Off to Iraq!

Texas_Veteran

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good Luck, Marine! I will be joining you soon enough. Well, at least in the figurative sense. I am a First Sergeant in the 101st Airborne and will be taking my Brigade there in the near future. Hopefully we can wrap that place up, put a bow on it and call it a year.  :)  I spent JAN 03 until FEB 04 there during the "Original Tour." At times, it felt exhilarating and at other times like a day in Bill Murray's "Ground Hog Day!!" Stay safe and watch your buddies back. As I understand it: "It isn't the IRAQ as we knew it." This is what I get for getting my 20yr Retirement packet disapproved :banghead: .

Although a new member and proud owner of a '05 SS. I cannot wait to return to a "new" truck and invest our hard-earned combat pay on my baby. Maybe I will spend some on my family, too.

P.S. My wife, a 2LT PA-C, will also be going to Iraq for a year also.

Well, Time has flown by as usual.  I will be heading out to Iraq again at the end of this week.  I will be putting my SS in the garage and covering her up for a good while.  I have been thinking a lot about what I want to do to my SS when I get back too.  I will have plenty of time to think about that while I'm gone.  I have been on here checking out everyones rides and getting ideas as to what I want to do to my SS.  Well, thanks for all the ideas everyone and keep up this great site while I'm gone.  I have learned a lot here and I'm sure I will learn more in the future.  I will try to check in on here every now and then when I can and post some pics of Iraq for everyone.  :flag:

Sergeant Adrian Serrano

VMAQ-1 / US Marine  :flag:

Sept. 20, 2001 - May 2002 in Afghanistan

Jan. 2003 - Sept 2003  Iraq

July 2005 - ??????        Iraq  Here I come again.

Archived