Marker writing on Bumper

Two days ago some punk kids paintballed my blue SS and then after I cleaned off the paintball paint I found that they also drew a line about 2" long with a black permenant marker on my front bumper passenger side corner. :fume: I tried waxing it off but nothing happened. I was wondering if one of you have any ideas of how to get that off without destroying the paint on the bumper.

Thanks for your help in advanced, Edessa.

We always use the dry erase marker to remove permanent Markers from Whiteboards on the office. There's always one joker that picks up a permanent black pen instead of a Dry Erase pen and writes a novel before he realizes it's permanent. Anyway, the dry erase reacts with the permanet ink and makes it wipeable also and it comes off with a paper towel or rag. Test the dry erase stuff on the underside of the bumper first to make sure it comes off.

Edessa,

Sorry to hear that. I just get a little crazy when I hear about that kind of thing happening. I've had it happen also to past vehicles, too. Thank God nothing to this one.............yet.

If the dry erase doesn't work you maybe able to use a little of the dupont gray polishing compound to remove it . I use it for light scuffs and stuff sometime tuff to get off bug it will remove.

Mineral spirits should take it off and won't hurt your paint.

That's surprising.

I have used WD-40 on my vehicles now for about 4 years. It takes everything off with little problem and hasn't hurt my paint yet. Works really well down where the tires are kicking up the crap from the road. It will remove paint splatters also. Awesome stuff and recommend everyone use for your everyday road grime, or whatever.

BenKey WD40 as you say will not hurt the paint. I use to store my motorcycles in winter and I use to spray the complete bike with WD40 when I put them up and then wash them with dawn in the spring and they would look great. It did remove some of the wax but they usually needed waxing in the spring anyway..

I have found that Windex will remove some of the hard water spots in clear coat as well… :thumbs:

Make sure afterwards you reapply whatever protectant you are using (wax/polish/sealant), otherwise you are probably leaving bare paint exposed to the elements. If the Windex you used contains ammonia, it definitely stripped off any wax.

[Make sure afterwards you reapply whatever protectant you are using (wax/polish/sealant), otherwise you are probably leaving bare paint exposed to the elements. If the Windex you used contains ammonia, it definitely stripped off any wax.

/QUOTE]

:thumbs:

Archived