Need help picking a subwoofer

I have everything ready to do my system for 2 10" subs with the exception of the subs and the PAC adapter. I would like to know what you guys would recommend in the $150 a piece range. I have been looking closely at the JL W3v2's and the Diamond D4 CM3. Or maybe a higher end fosgate?

here is what I have so far-

box for behind rear crew cab seat with limited mounting depth (W3 fits because thats what the guy had before he sold me the box)

JL 500/1 amp

4ga amp kit.

What would be the best sub for the money I am looking to spend that is compatable with what I currently have.

Not on your list but for the cash you cant beat MTX 5500's!!

I'm partial to MTX...but they generally require more of a higher box volume to operate efficiently.

With him tucking them in a box under the seat...JL is my recommendation unless he wasn't ever going to use the back like me then he could do 2 7500 12"s in a 9-12 cu ft box and just watch the truck rattle apart if he wanted to just go all out :D

Crossfire BMF! I had 8 of these (10"s) running off two 2000D amps and I hit 156 dB. They hammer but if you are concerned about "punchiness" it is a function of volume/port area not the sub itself. As it was mentioned above, some subs require less volume to produce a certain frequency range, so decide whether you want it quieter and punchy, or loud and low.

I am partial to Diamond audio just because you get more for what you pay for! (power capability, rubber surround, push-in-binding posts) Rubber gaskets and seals) Just to name a few.

I can get the D6 subs for 200$ they friggin rock!!!!! I got 3 of them in my truck!

My brother has 2 CM3 12's under his rear seat and they slam really good too!!! You won't be dissapointed with either one!!

But Go DIAMOND AUDIO!!!

Thanks for all of your input, I ended up goint with the 10 W3 v2 JL subs. I got my PAC in the mail today and I just finished the install per r8rs4lf's thread on installing subs to factory bose... great info in there and thanks to r8rs4lf and you guys...I don't think I would have had enough confidence to mess with the Bose on my own. This forum rocks, and you guys rule!

Actually fox forma helped me out alot!

It's all good. How does it sound and what all did you install?

Pics???

Late-  Alex

I Installed 2 JL W3 v2's, 500/1 JL mono amp, 4 ga amp kit, and the PAC adapter. That pac is awsome...it is litterally plug and play. I also ran the wires for the PS2 and controllers through the center console. I will have to take some pics of everything and post them here. Well thanks to Fox Forma also...and now I am just waiting on my screen from 6.0ss and my pac aux audio input and my system will be done. The sound is pretty good but I dont think that pac I bought was made to interface with my aux rear seat audio controls. When I turn the rear audio on the subs get more crisp sounding but softer. When I have it off they hit hard but not clear... I think it has something to do with the PAC...maybe it is not the right one.

Archived