Tuning software questions

bsteff

I am thinking about tuning my truck myself and need a couple of questions answered.

Can you log data without a laptop on any other software other than EFILive? I don't have a laptop and the addittional cost of getting a laptop puts tuning myself out of the budget :tear: . I do however have an extra desktop that could go in the garage :thumbs:.

From what I have read EFILive seems to be the hot ticket, but I was wondering what people are paying for their tuning hardware and software (HPtuners and EFILive). I found EFILive for sale for $699.

I am in the same boat you are right now, except that I have a laptop. I'm trying to figure out if it is worth the extra $200 to have EFI Live over HPT and be limited to two VINs as opposed to two model/year combinations...

The only other insight I can add yet is that the owner of efi101.com, a company that provides tuning lessons pretty much around the world, has said that EFILive is hands down the software package to go with...

Dunno though, I'm still undecided and really want to start tuning myself ASAP :dunno:

Can you log data without a laptop on any other software other than EFILive?  I don't have a laptop and the addittional cost of getting a laptop puts tuning myself out of the budget  :tear: .  I do however have an extra desktop that could go in the garage  :thumbs:.

Not to my knowledge.

HPT can be cheaper if you don't need a 2bar tune and don't want to do wideband logging. HPT + wideband is almost the same price as EFI personal. HPT + wideband + 2bar = EFI commercial.

There is one of the logging programs out there that you hook up a box that records the data for later transfer to a pc. Maybe it's EASE diagnostics, not sure. Kind of a moot point with your situation though.

EFILive can log data without a computer in the car, but I assume it needs to be connected to a computer to flash the PCM. Am I correct? How reasonable is this with a PC, and how long are the cables?

Wow, I was about to ask if it would be possible to load EFILive onto multiple computers and then see if someone woulf be nice enough to send it to me. Then I found that you can download the software on their website :thumbs: .

Would someone be nice enough to email me a stock SSS PCM program so I can tool around with the software a little? :chevy:

Archived