New Guy....

ericwf

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SWT and Creaker;

The fender flares and the tonneau cover were both purchased through my dealers Accessories/After Market guy. The cover is from GM and (so far) I really like it! It has bow design arches that prevents sagging in the middle.

As for the fender flares, I'm not sure if he got them through GM or a local aftermarket shop.

think the Blue guys are trying to take over the world

Yo Tim,

Boy that's sure the case around these forums, huh? Merv might have to change the name and put the word blue in there someplace. :jester:

Glad you're here, Eric. And you chose the right color! :jester: (Actually, I ended up with Arrival Blue by default: After a black Crown Vic I swore to never, ever again own a black vehicle; the red is beautiful, but just screams "Here I am officer, it's me!")

By the way, I notice that you got the same front door lower cladding color that I got. It's a pretty enough blue; unfortunately it doesn't match the rest of the truck. Apparently, someone in paint mix was having a bad day during that batch. I had my local paint shop redo them when they painted my tonneau. 40K asking price ought to assume paint match, one would think, but I wanted to control the re-paint process, so I didn't bother trying to fight GM.

welcome to the site and i love it that one made me laugh. Red SS here

The more I look at the red one, the better that I like it.

That just shows that you have excellent taste. :thumbs::cheers:

the blue way is the true way

schklege,

Geez, bro, I had it all wrong then. I thought it was "you bluze you lose." :jester::cool:

By the way, I notice that you got the same front door lower cladding color that I got.  It's a pretty enough blue; unfortunately it doesn't match the rest of the truck. 

The salesman told me when I bought my SS, the cladding was painted at different times from the truck :wtf:

The salesman told me when I bought my SS, the cladding was painted at different times from the truck :wtf:

Yeah, I assumed this to be true with the fabulous color match GM achieved on mine. Makes perfect sense, doesn't it? :crazy:

Archived