another friggin sub thread

Thanx 6.0ss, I was looking into the Eclipse Aluminum series from a while ago when you recommended them to me but i cant find much info on them local to me. There seems to be a lot of different Aluminum Series versions and I have no clue which one to look at. Any particular model you like?? I dont want to go with JL, everyone and their mother has that so i want to get something different. Would you still recommend the Alpine type R since you said you almost went with it? I'll look into them other brands as well to see what i can come up with.

Thanx 6.0ss, I was looking into the Eclipse Aluminum series from a while ago when you recommended them to me but i cant find much info on them local to me.  There seems to be a lot of different Aluminum Series versions and I have no clue which one to look at.  Any particular model you like??  I dont want to go with JL, everyone and their mother has that so i want to get something different.  Would you still recommend the Alpine type R since you said you almost went with it?  I'll look into them other brands as well to see what i can come up with.

Naw... Just go with the Alpine.. you will not be upset,, But they are a very deep sub. make sure it fits where you want to put it! Not a small subs!!!!!

I like the Eclipse Aluminum Cone Subs because they have a shallow depth and take massive power for there size!!

The SW7100,, But if you can find the old 8000 series around on the net get them. they had better numbers than the new 7100 series do. But they are both going to play well! A well built sub!

Sorry I didn't reply sooner....

I only am running 1 12" D3 sub (D312D2) in a JL box. I will say that the Diamond performs much better (in my opinion) than the JL did, and for the money it so far has been a really good/reliable sub (with my sub, I didn't really want earth shattering bass, just a little extra for the cab - I guess it all depends what you want out of the system).

I am running a 600W Alpine amp (2 ohm) to the sub.

Archived