My '05 "VHO"

disguisedSS

Hey this is my first topic here on this site, by the way, everyones truck on here is pretty damn sweet!! Ok well i just picked up my 05 1500 with the H.O. 6.0. Now what i wanna know is the powertrain the same as the SS? As well as the suspention minus the awd, and also the exhaust. Reason im asking is because im having trouble finding aftermarket parts for this, and really nobody has even heard of the 6.0 being in a 1500 thats a non-SS. So any info would help me out alot!!

Thanks guys!

welcome to the club just order exhaust for an SS it is the same I guess suspention is the same except spindles because BellTech make two different spindles one for 4x4/awd and one for 2wd but other than that the trucks are the same! Have fun with it I love mine. :thumbs:

welcome to the site. yeah i guess you can just get ss parts.. im no expert but if its the same motor n all.. then what the hell right? btw how much did ya get ya truck for? PIX PIX PIX!!!!

Congrats on the new truck. I got tired of telling everyone that mine was a 1500 with the LQ9 because they all said "that truck doesn't exist" including dealers. So, I just said it's an SS when ordering parts. So far no problems. Now you need to post some pics!

Congrats on the new truck.  I got tired of telling everyone that mine was a 1500 with the LQ9 because they all said "that truck doesn't exist" including dealers.  So, I just said it's an SS when ordering parts.  So far no problems.  Now you need to post some pics!

Unless you know about it, not many dealership people even know about them. A VHO isn't listed in the catalogs. The LQ9 is listed for half ton 2WD trucks, and the wheels are listed as 20x8.5 wheels, but not specific. Even the emblems aren't listed.

welcome to the site. yeah i guess you can just get ss parts.. im no expert but if its the same motor n all.. then what the hell right? btw how much did ya get ya truck for? PIX PIX PIX!!!!

Thats what i thought!

i got it for about 29-30 out the door, its a great time to be buying now with all that discount dealing.

Ill try to get some pix up as soon as possible!

Its a 2005 chevy LS summit white, and already ive got asked alot about it.

This really helps me out alot guys i appreciate it very much!

And there should be some pictures im my garage deally, i dont know if i did it right but let me know if they are there, i think they should be, enjoy!!

Its a 2005 chevy LS summit white, and already ive got asked alot about it.

This really helps me out alot guys i appreciate it very much!

And there should be some pictures im my garage deally, i dont know if i did it right but let me know if they are there, i think they should be, enjoy!!

They work you must be in SoCal I see the Richard hibbard plates!!! Where are you located? I'm in Alta Loma/Rancho Cucamonga does that have a sunroof? If so I almost bought that one!

Nope no sunroof, they had two vho's at the time. both exactly identical.

not one thing different except one having 7 miles and the other having 14, so i took the 7 of course.

Im in upland, so your right around the corner, what color is yours? and what do you have done to it?

Archived