Supercharger?

I know this may be a stupid question, but..... will adding a Magnacharger, or any other supercharger void the factory warranty? :confused: I'm pretty sure that I know the answer, but I'd like the oppions just to be safe :D

Magnacharger offers (for an additional charge) a warranty to replace the factory 3yr/36K mile powertrain warranty on their products.

To directly answer your question, modifications to a vehicle are not supposed to 'void the warranty' on a vehicle... expect for the components you replace (Obviously, a dealer isn't going to warranty an aftermarket that you installed). In reality, it would be very difficult to prove your case to a dealership if they claim that they are not going to honor a warranty claim because they feel that a modification you have done has caused the issue.

What it boils down to: You play, you pay.

Or get to know your service writer at the dealership, ask for him specifically every time. I just happen to be friends with mine so he just looks the other way when I would have an issue with a warranty repair. The mechanics haven’t ever said anything because they just get paid by the job/hour not to inspect vehicles for after market parts, that’s really the service writer.

But if you blow a motor with a SC like the :crazy: chevy thunders always did (For some reason always cylinder #7) Better unbolt everything off of the motor before they inspect it. Your warranty may just cover it, risky either way.

Guys,

Maybe a little off topic, I am not so much worried about the warrenty, I just want more power.

I just joined the group the other day, hoping to get some useful info out of the site along with helping you if I find anything. I am really pressing towards a procharger. They offer a little more boost for what you are paying 8-9psi. Does anyone know if this is too much with the 10:1 compression stock :rolleyes:

Also if anybody has any background on procharger I would really appreciate it. I want to make sure it is a good decision. :thumbs:

Lemme know what you all think :flag:

Try sending an PM to SSilverado60. I seem to recall he is thinking about a centrifugal blower (forget which one) and I think has some past experince with them. You might want to drop by www.ls1tech.com and check out the "Forced Induction" and "Truck V8 Performance" forums. Lots of tech talk there :D

Guys,

Maybe a little off topic, I am not so much worried about the warrenty, I just want more power.

I just joined the group the other day, hoping to get some useful info out of the site along with helping you if I find anything. I am really pressing towards a procharger. They offer a little more boost for what you are paying 8-9psi. Does anyone know if this is too much with the 10:1 compression stock :rolleyes:

Also if anybody has any background on procharger I would really appreciate it. I want to make sure it is a good decision. :thumbs:

Lemme know what you all think :flag:

When were you considering putting on the s-chgr? Real soon?

I just got the truck recently, as in last week. And since I started a new job with the government I will be getting a little sign on bonus. So to answer your question, I am gonna get it when I get the bonus. I talked to procharger today, and they are testing their 6.0L air to air intercooled supercharger kit on the LQ9 motors as we speak, and should have some results in a few weeks.

Talking to the personel over there they are still expecting some impressive percentage boosts of around 60%, making these bad boys we all have of upwards of 500 horse.

I am sold, just waiting to here back from them :jester:

Another problem is that I don't have any installation place next to me and since non of you guys have a procharger I am going to have to take a shot in the dark and try this install and system by myself. But I'll take that risk.

non of you guys have a procharger I am going to have to take a shot in the dark and try this install and system by myself.

Putting on a supercharger shouldn't be too hard SmithI3. I changed my own flat tire once. No sweat. :thumbs:

Archived