1/8th mile slips

BigTex

Ran the truck a couple times last night in the 1/8th. Poor weather, super hot and humid.

10.08 @ 71 with a 2.35 60 foot.

I was disappointed in the times. The poor launching really hurt. It was a last minute decision to go, so this is full weight. No real mods. Tailgate was up. At least 20 gallons of gas.

The only bright note on the evening was a 2003 Harley F150 ran a 10.2 @ 72 mph. So the weather conditions were obviously a factor.

Only mod was Edit. No bolt ons, not even an air filter.

On my Z71, I had better luck by no powerbraking it. It feels the same with the SS. When I powerbrake, I dont get those extra rpms from the converter flashing up. I only had a 2.45 60 foot with the powerbrake.

I am ready to start the modding now. By the time fall gets areound with cooler air temps, I'll be running much stronger.

BigTex, MN C5 - where are you guys planning to mount your Nitrous bottles? The bed/cab? Just curious, and would be interested in pics once you have done.

Where do you get them refilled at?

BigTex, MN C5 - where are you guys planning to mount your Nitrous bottles? The bed/cab? Just curious, and would be interested in pics once you have done.

Where do you get them refilled at?

NJ requires a license to use Nitrous Oxide, refill the bottles and to transport. I have had the license for a couple of years now. All you have to do is fill out the necessary paperwork with the NJ state department of health and human services...its free. Takes about a week to get the papers. Just call NOS and ask them where to fill your bottles. My 2lb snowmobile bottle only costs me around $5 to fill (O.K. 4WD in Stewartsville, NJ)

How hot was it BigTex? My stock times were better than than yours, and it was a warm dry day at sea level. And my stock times are not all that good compared to others. It can't be the altitude, Texas is pretty flat :D

run1a.JPG

Yeah Dave, I was a little suprised about those times. No one out there was running any good.

That's alot better than I had expected them to run.

I have a buddy with a Harley F-150 who has been talking non stop shit running 11's. :crazy:

Oh yes, he IS going down. :fume:

He said it was cheating to use my car. :smash: I told him my new motto is, "If you can beat my tow vehicle, I'll unload the trailor. :D

I don't know the srock times, but I've seen them running low 14s pretty easily. There is a local guy with a pulley, tuning, exhaust and a few other mods that ran a 12.97 this past winter. The weather makes a big difference.

Archived