Why are people such a$$holes?

OH MY GOD!!! I am completely shocked!!!!!! I don't even know what to say... :eek::(:confused::nonod::sigh::tear::banghead::mad:

Yeah, there is no justice in FL anymore - except what you make for yourself. If you decide to do anything I am a qualified co-conspirator. :devil:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it's as if the laws in Florida condone his behavior.  My wife did some research this afternoon -- evidently you can injure / maim / kill people in Florida and leave the scene without fear of prosecution.

Sounds like you need that Caddy and do the same to him and leave..

Hell, I'm getting pissed just thinking about your truck.

Good to hear about your Grandpa feeling better. :cheers:

I live in Florida as well and know some laywers down here in the Keys. OR I am willing to take a little vacation from the Military to come up and take care of a certain guy who needs a good a%# whipping. No need to sneak around, I would want him to see who hits him, but of course make sure no one else sees you hitting him. Then it is your word against his....

Some guys think they can do anything and get away with it.....

I am just in shock....I do not know what to say.

I would have a hard time holding back my anger. :mad:

I cannot believe the laws in FL. In NJ, you can't even leave the scene if you just spun out on someone's lawn.

Hey I was talking with my dad who was a Miami-Dade cop for 15yrs and now does it part time where we live now. He told me according to your story if the guy intentionally hit you it is Battery with Vehicle and at the very least he should be charged with Criminal Mischief. He said its not true that nothing will happen to him. He told me it sounds like the cops just don't want to be bothered with it. He told me the cops should have investigated it more and give all the info to the states attorneys office and they are suppose to determine if charges should be brought up against him. If you have any questions I will try help, but my dad said the guy should have been chraged with something according to your story.

Do just what they did to OJ - they couldn't make anything stick in criminal court because they could not prove 'beyond reasonable doubt' but in civil court the burden of proof is on the defense, not plaintiff, the rules are a lot looser. If you can prove it's his car, and that car damaged your truck then it is up to the defense to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that it was not him driving it; the situation becomes reversed. Make them have to prove he was not driving it, he will have to tell you who was and PROVE it.

Another idea I might entertain is suing him to reveal who was driving his car if it was not him.

Mr. P.

edit - any way this goes it is just wrong; things are very broken if a person can have a loss put on him like this and there be no legal protection or consquences.

Man, that really sucks the big one. :shakehead::mad: If I EVER catch someone disrespecting someone else's ride in ANY way, I will flip out, let alone something like this.

Just once I'd like to catch someone breaking in to a car sometime... I've had the shotgun loaded with salt pellets for nearly 10 years waiting for someone to try to steal my stuff again... Carrying a grudge is easy, it's finding someone to dump it on that's the hard part and it sounds like the cop gave you the info you need. I say go for it!

I am just in shock....I do not know what to say. 

I would have a hard time holding back my anger.  :mad:

I cannot believe the laws in FL.  In NJ, you can't even leave the scene if you just spun out on someone's lawn.

In Ohio my mother was hit at an intersection by a girl (she said she was alone for sure) and the girl took off. Ohio law, you have 24 hours to report to the cops from time of accident. The girl came back with a witness and mom lost. Had to pay for her car too... :banghead:

Sucks to live in FL. Tuff stuff to deal with. Hope you get it all worked out. :chevy:

Wish that SOB would drive up to KY. We've got some redneck justice for his @ss. Hang'em high hang'em low raw hide.........yee haww!!!

Archived