Cladding

Yesterday my wife and I went shopping. When she got back in the SS she said that when she got out that the door opened hard. She got out to look and said that someone had run into the side of the door. I had just washed it in the morning and knew that it was all right then. Upon closer inspection I could see that the cladding on the front of the door towards the front fender had come loose causing it to jam into the cladding on the fender. It took some paint off and put a bend into the cladding on the door.

Does anyone think that the dealer should fix this? I had a cladding problem a couple of months ago and the dealer put new tape on it but it was on the other side of the door. :sigh:

Yesterday my wife and I went shopping. When she got back in the SS she said that when she got out that the door opened hard. She got out to look and said that someone had run into the side of the door. I had just washed it in the morning and knew that it was all right then. Upon closer inspection I could see that the cladding on the front of the door towards the front fender had come loose causing it to jam into the cladding on the fender. It took some paint off and put a bend into the cladding on the door.

Does anyone think that the dealer should fix this? I had a cladding problem a couple of months ago and the dealer put new tape on it but it was on the other side of the door. :sigh:

I think that if you have had a history with your cladding, then you could be okay. It may be worth it to you to have ALL of your cladding reworked. It's just held on by double sided tape on the top side and a bolted on track on the bottom. At least I think that is the way. If they won't do it, then I would look into doing myself. What you need to do now is go and tug on every piece of your cladding and see how many more are doing the same thing. The more you have loose the better chance the dealership would re-do it all. More than likely, they're only going to do what is in need of being done. They should replace your one piece also.

Thanks Ben,

I wonder if anyone else is having this problem. I remember that at least one other person did but that was quite a while ago.

Oh, I was just watching Racer's Edge and they were explaining why the big diamater drive shafts were used. They stop whipping in race cars. Suppose that is why we have the big diamater driveshafts? :seeya:

My cladding did the same thing. I had it fixed at the dealershit that I bought my truck from and they fixed it. About Two weeks later it did it again!! This time I took it to the dealer closer to my house, they fixed it alot better than the other dealership did. Now the cladding on the drivers side door came loose (the other was on the passenger side). But this time it only needs to be retaped (not be replaced). So it's going back a third time!! :fume:

But both times that I have taken it in, they have never given me any problems about GM paying for it.

-Matt

8481 miles and counting

So they have replaced the cladding itself once? That would be good as my daughter is my insurance agent and she said if I claimed it on my insurance that my premium would go up. Damn insurance companies!! :devil:

I got it back to the dealer on Thursday and they ordered the new cladding for the passenger door. They will paint it and give me a call when it is done. Nice dealer!! Just a bummer that this keeps happening.

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem with the cladding on the passenger side door. My wife opened it and felt the door bind. Cladding was loose and pinched in the hinged end. I took to dealer, and they are ordering new piece. It has taken over a month to get the replacement and I am still waiting for it to come in.

I had the same problem with the cladding on the passenger side door. My wife opened it and felt the door bind. Cladding was loose and pinched in the hinged end. I took to dealer, and they are ordering new piece. It has taken over a month to get the replacement and I am still waiting for it to come in.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived