Cladding

Same happened to me about 2 1/2 months ago. Finally got the cladding in last Friday. And now I have to wait till next wed. to get it put on.

joeud, I think we just caught a bad time to order because I was getting upset about how long it was taking and called another dealership and they said the assembly line gets parts first then the CUSTOMERS get them. Does not seem like real good business practices too me, but what can you do.

• 3 weeks later...

I had the exact same thing happen to me....first on the passenger side, which i could blame on my friends, hehe and then on the driver's side. Dealership ordered new cladding both times for me...second time it had a scratch on it and had to wait another day for it to be repainted...

• 2 weeks later...

Also when these kind of things happen to our trucks and the dealer fixes them we need to call GM complaint number at 1-800-222-1020 and they will put your compliant on file and also give you a file number. This helps for recalls and TSB's. So when our 36/3 year warranty is up it shows its a common problem and they may not charge for labor or parts, this varys from dealer to dealer. Experienced this with the Impala SS.

BenKey,

It is the passenger side door. It looks as if the top of the cladding towards the front of the truck is coming away from the door. To look at it from 5 feet away, you wouldn't see it, but the tolerances are so close that it started to hit the front fender and as of today is catching on the front fender and tearing.

The dealer took one look at it and said he would call me when the part arrived. Until then, I just have to hold the cladding against the door when opening it. If there is a positive that will come from this, my girlfriend will be happy that I am opening her door for her.

Archived