Just ordered my new Trans!!!!!!

I just ordered a new transmission from High Performance Transmissions, and the technicians over there suggested that with the route I'm going with this truck that I'd need this monster built to withstand over 700hp and over 700ft. lbs of torque. I figure that if I break this one, I'm just going to get rid of the damn truck. Anyone has any experience with this company or this particular transmission?? "Zippy, you can chime in on this one any time!!" :driving:

Is that transmission going to have the proper output shaft to fit our AWD transfer case? I don't think the spline count is the same. What about the input shaft and torque converter? I guess you are going with vacuum modulated shifting, what about the rest of the trans electronics?

I think Maximus ordered the wrong transmission, thats why all the questions.  The 700r4, plain 4L60, and even early 4l60E models aren't direct swaps into our trucks.

:withstupid:

Just got off the phone with he guy at High Performance, and it looks like you guys were correct, it was the wrong unit!! :dupe: So I did what I should have done in the first place and got on the horn with Jag Performance, and placed an order for one of their built 4l65E units with all the trimmings, and even a bigger trans cooler they were really cool and took the time to cover everything step by step. Thanks guys for your help, because I would have been very pissed off, had I received that Raptor trans, and the damn thing would not have worked!! :banghead: Jag said that I should be receiving the new tranny by next tues :D so again I'll keep you guys posted with how everthing goes!! :driving:

... and got on the horn with Jag Performance, and placed an order for one of their built 4l65E units with all the trimmings...

You're about to join a very happy fraternity! :thumbs: Whereabouts in LA are you located?

Mr .P. :)

Archived