2005 E-fans

hankc350

My local mechanic at my GM dealership told me that he can hookup the OEM fans, I need the relay from PCMforless and he said a VIN off a 2005 SS. He said he can program my 03 SS with the VIN off a 05. Has anybody heard of this, is it possible. Zippy where are you, I know you have the answer.

If I understand correctly, there is no way to activate a pin without a custom tune. In another thread I asked about being about to turn on the fans using the Tech2 (official GM scan tool) and the verdict is that no, you cannot do it. The Tech2 can only reflash the PCM, it cannot modify individual settings at all. So yes, if you had a flash for an '05 truck (which includes efans from the factory) it should enable them on an older truck. However, there must be other differences between an '03 and '05 so I don't think I would do that.

Go with a custom tune from PCMforless or Wait4me Performance (my preference) or the other option is to get yourself a copy of EFILive and do it yourself. Given the cost of the software it's probably cheaper to get a custom tune. I got a new PCM with a custom tune from Wait4me for $157 shipped. Can't beat that price! He will reprogram your PCM for only $75 but then you are looking at some down time while you send it out to him.

EFILive is a kick-ass piece of software, I just wish it wasn't soooo damn expensive!!

:chevy:

• 6 months later...
Anyone have a parts list and ball park price? Right now I am trying to decide pacesetter headers or efans.

SEarch the how-to section. There is info in there.

Dammit I looked every where but there. I am an idiot. :banghead: But what about the decision efans or headers?

My local mechanic at my GM dealership told me that he can hookup the OEM fans, I need the relay from PCMforless and he said a VIN off a 2005 SS.  He said he can program my 03 SS with the VIN off a 05.  Has anybody heard of this, is it possible.  Zippy where are you, I know you have the answer.

i believe that because of some other calibration changes this will not work. i've never tried it this way though. i simply go to the laptop and make the changes. :D

Archived