cai

abss_2003

:withstupid: i have the k and n 77seriess myself it is mostly personal preference they all give you the same gains for the most parfor about the same money you could get a custom tune from pcm4less and have a whole new truck. :chevy:

you shouldnt need a re-tune just for a CAI, just unhook the battery for a half hour when the time comes to install the CAI of your choosing

:icon_bs: Why :dunno: It's not going to do anything for you if anything your pcm will lose what it has learned since you got the truck then it will run crappy for a while untill it relearns certain conditions.

you shouldnt need a re-tune just for a CAI, just unhook the battery for a half hour when the time comes to install the CAI of your choosing

:icon_bs: Why :dunno: It's not going to do anything for you if anything your pcm will lose what it has learned since you got the truck then it will run crappy for a while untill it relearns certain conditions.

what are you calling :icon_bs: on?? The battery thing or the tune? I was just told that unhooking the battery will make it easier for the PCM to change the settings for the new CAI......

I think the BS call was for the battery disconnect. That would be the same as disconnecting the battery to change a bulb IMO.. Hell, in the directions for my cat back it said to remove battery cables :dunno:

most CAI are the same. Not really going add a ton of HP, I did mine mostly to save myself some cash from buying new filters. with the CAI filter, all you have to do is clean it. No need to ever buy a filter again. Just my thoughts.

:dunno: okay I have read a sh_t loads of post and now I really don't know whitch one to go with.I originally was going with volant but now i just don't :dunno:  :banghead: help!

If you are confused from reading all that you say you have, then you'll be even more confused by posing this question with the numerous responses you'll get.

Read about all that is out there and make a decision on the one that you'll think best suits you.

If it were me, i'd stick with the two main discussed on this site: Outlaw or Volant. From there, one choice will probably just as good as the other. These two also happen to be true CAI setups. Although the K&N may be called that also, but I don't think so.

Archived