6.0L Short Block

zippy

i have a 6.0L short block sitting here with about 29k. the engine was pulled for a low oil pressure concern. i haven't pulled it apart yet, but i feel at this point that a simple bearing change would take care of the engine and it would be a great replacement for someone with a 4.8L and 5.3L. the engine is out of matt walls truck.

i see low oil pressure on startup, but once it gets going things are fine go from 40-60psi. I also have a leak in my valve covers since the new rockers were put in, we have a temp gasket with the old covers. When i get the new covers and I share is that takes care of this issue. :thumbs:

i see low oil pressure on startup, but once it gets going things are fine go from 40-60psi.  I also have a leak in my valve covers since the new rockers were put in, we have a temp gasket with the old covers.  When i get the new covers and I share is that takes care of this issue.  :thumbs:

A slow leak somewhere will not cause a low oil pressure. Not sure which rockers you went with, but hope you didn't do a PCV system delete inside the driver's side valve cover.

i see low oil pressure on startup, but once it gets going things are fine go from 40-60psi.  I also have a leak in my valve covers since the new rockers were put in, we have a temp gasket with the old covers.  When i get the new covers and I share is that takes care of this issue.  :thumbs:

A slow leak somewhere will not cause a low oil pressure. Not sure which rockers you went with, but hope you didn't do a PCV system delete inside the driver's side valve cover.

hmmm unsure, ill check with them on that. went with the jessels. Would that cause the low pressure?

***No

What happened to his truck? :confused:

i have his truck at this point. he put a new engine in it, but didn't have time to get everything up and running the way it should be. it'll have a brand new 4L65E in it by friday.

hmmm unsure, ill check with them on that. went with the jessels. Would that cause the low pressure?

No, they wouldn't. I suspect they had to use spacers on the jesels, which means the pcv system in your driver's side valve cover may still be in tact. If it isn't, you will suck enormous amounts of oil into your intake. Trust me - lived it.

Sorry zippy, last response in here.

No, they wouldn't. I suspect they had to use spacers on the jesels, which means the pcv system in your driver's side valve cover may still be in tact. If it isn't, you will suck enormous amounts of oil into your intake. Trust me - lived it.

Sorry zippy, last response in here.

Didnt know what the pcv had to do with it, but i understand now :thumbs: . Yup there are spacers between the covers, big good size too. Just cant wait for the damn covers to get here so i stop mini smoking at stop lights :pop:

sorry zippy for the hijack

T T T for a good seller :D

Archived