Trade price opinions please.

zestos

Currently I am an SS owner wannabe. My dealer located the (red) one that I want and gave me a trade-in quote. I'll share this info so you guys can give me your opinions on the offer.

My trade: 2000 Silverado LS, loaded up like an LT without the butt scorching leather seats. Truck has nearly every option on it. It's a cream puff. Not a ding on it. 47,000 miles Includes painted running boards, bug shield, ARE box cover, and two sets of wheels/tires. (factory rims w/ Michelin AT tires & original Firestones on chrome wheels)

The SS sticker is $40,420

trade-in $20,520

difference of $19,900

plus tax, etc $ xxxxx

total $20,941.50

rebate $ 3,000

out the door $17,941.50

Anyone have a similar deal??? Seems about a grand short of FAIR to me. My last trucks I paid cash for and I always paid $400 over invoice(they have to make a living too) plus they make lots on factory incentives too. As example, the holdback is usually 3-4%, and if they sell the a Z-71 package they get $500 from GM,and more. So even at invoice they make good dough. I just put for sale signs on my truck for $18,900. We'll see what happens.

By the way great site. Good info, lots of helpers. Kind of like the other sites I'm on(corvetteforum.com and rswarrior.com as in Yamaha Road Star Warrior)

Sorry for the long posting.

Well this is the deal that I'm getting.....I think..

The best deal so far is on a RED SS MSRP 40,6XX.

I'm trading in a 1997 Corvette 6-spd, 62800 miles.

They told me 18,500-19,000 on the trade. I owe $15600 on the car.

They are going to sell the SS at Invoice. $356XX (I think I have the paperwork at home.)

Tax less the trade is 944.00

I'm taking 0% financing, not the 3000 rebate.

I get the 400 college grad rebate

I have 456 on my GM card

So it looks like the truck will be 32288.64 that is 538.14 a month for 60 months.

But the dealer told me he can get it down to 525 a month for 60 months

I'm still trying to get a better deal, but so far this is the best...What do you think?

If you want to know what your old truck is worth, try

http://www.kbb.com

and

http://www.edmunds.com

I seem to recall they have pricing base on "trade in" value.

I would think you should be able to do better than 40K for the sale price of the SS, as well. 36K before rebates, seems pretty easy these days, without resorting to any special pricing/discounts.

Well, when playing the numbers game, the bottom line(trade difference) is all that matters. It comes out the same. Just to simplify what I mean-if a new car is 30,000 MSRP, and they give me an inflated 20,000 for my trade, I owe 10,000. It is the same if they go down to "invoice", say 25,000 and give me "wholesale" for my trade- (15,000). I STILL owe 10,000. This shows your actual trade-in value. This is why they hate it when people know dealer cost nowadays.

I was just wondering how my deal(original post) compared to what others had got.

If I sell my truck outright, then I'm sure the dealer and I can settle for just over invoice as we have before. I just hate the beating you take on trades, and was looking for some similar experiences. Thanks for the replies- keep 'em coming.

i had 00 silverado Z-71 with everything and had 54,000 miles on it and i only got 18,900 out of it and that was the best deal i found any where, that was last december with a trade on a zr2 blazer. so they are probably giving you a fair deal on your trade in.

Todays' update: Told deler he needed to sweeten the deal by $1,400. He sweetened it by $1,000. Sorry, not enough. Guess I'll have to wait until my truck sells first. He said he will sell me anything(except an SSR) at $100 over cost. That I will do!

Todays' update: Told deler he needed to sweeten the deal by $1,400. He sweetened it by $1,000. Sorry, not enough. Guess I'll have to wait until my truck sells first. He said he will sell me anything(except an SSR) at $100 over cost. That I will do!

Your profile says that you own a victory red SS. Were you a little premature?

Your profile says that you own a victory red SS. Were you a little premature?

Perhaps I was,(I'm working on that) BUT, re-read my post above. I CLEARLY stated that I am a wanna be at this time, as I am still working on selling my truck in order to purchase a red SS. At least I drive two Chevrolets(Silverado & Corvette) unlike some Ford owners on this Chevy site. :D

Archived