POST #1 - The Truck arrives today

MustBBrent

I leave in a few hours to pick up my pick-up. :D The dealership works with a custom truck shop in the area, so I am getting it with some MODs already on it.

I was wondering if you guys think I made some decent choices as I have not owned a truck before. I didn't find this message board until just now and I ordered those parts yesterday, most will be on the truck when I get it today.

I bought walnut wood steering wheel and dash to accent the truck interior. It is a dark almost purple grey wood stain and looked very cool inside the truck when we were looking for the best color and style. I bought Supraliner spray in bedliner in Chevy Victory Red. I bought an ultimatePD air intake (???I have no idea who this is, I am trusting the Custom truck shop on this one) and an Airraid throttle body spacer. Electric Fans from Flex-a-lite. And finally, Flowmaster dual in single 3.5" out muffler to replace the stock one.

thoughts? Are there areas I wasted money? What would you have done differently? Do you think these MODs are worth the 30+ HP& TQ that the truck shop says they are?

BTW, hello and I am glad to be a part. I just sold my 2001 vette for this truck. So, I gotta do something to back to that rush of 0-60N4(old license plate) (holding out for the second year of the C6 and this looked really interesting!) :seeya:

Hey, Brent. Welcome to "The" forum. Glad you found us.

Your mods sound great. As far as what any of us think, it really doesn't matter, buddy. The only one you have to please with your ride is yourself. Be happy. If you like what you ordered then that's all that count, bro. :thumbs:

As far as what any of us think, it really doesn't matter, buddy. The only one you have to please with your ride is yourself. Be happy. If you like what you ordered then that's all that count, bro.

Yep, Lee's right. I'm anxious to see the electric fans especially, as I'm considering this myself, but have no clue about the install, etc. Pictures, pictures, pictures! :D

And we're glad you're here, Brent.

Brent we all love our trucks every body seems to try something alittle different we get lots of great ideas from each other and all seem to be spending alot of cash. Dont worry what anybody else thinks please yourself. If you need help plenty of members are always willing to give suggestions. Enjoy :cheers:

Made it back. changed a few of the MODs that we not yet done. Will be sending the truck back in Aug 2nd thru 9th for final touches. I am traveling on business so the time is no issue.

Thanks for all the kind comments. I am glad to be in a truck.

Got any ideas for license plates?

my vette was 0-60N4 which will not work for this application.

I was thinking

SUPRSPT

SS2NV

DNTRYT

BYE

Archived