Schmidty's Whipple Pics

schmidty77

Everything sure is tightly packaged in there. Looks like they done a really good job on the install. Looks awesome. :thumbs: Does it give that planted in the seats type of acceleration? I hope you plan to get some 1/8 or 1/4 mile times to compare to what others are getting with diff systems. It would be interesting, just to see. We should have a procharger install coming on here soon. Be kind of nice to compare all three with real-world results.

Seeing the pics sure makes it hard to wait any longer. I'll be there soon.

:cool: Cool pics, thanks for keeping them big, so I could see some detail :)

I can see why plumbing the intercooler would be difficult. The compressed air section is tucked pretty tight under the supercharger and it. The whole air routing is pretty snaky, coming in from the air filter in the front, snaking back to the rear of the compressor, exiting the bottom of the compressor and snaking to the front to route into the intake and back to the cylinders. The air has got to be pretty dizzy by the time it gets through :D Still, there may be enough room to take the compressed air out to the front on the drivers side, near the air filter, and send it through and air-to-air intercooler and then bring the air back on the drivers side to the intake. I am not sure how they would manage an air-to-water intercooler. Put the intercooler on the bottom of the supercharger? But that would place it right next to the exhaust manifold. Perhaps they should just go the classic route and put the supercharger on top of the motor (like the Magnacharger does it).

What did their intercooler approach look like? (I assume you got to see it).

I can see why plumbing the intercooler would be difficult. The compressed air section is tucked pretty tight under the supercharger and it. The whole air routing is pretty snaky, coming in from the air filter in the front, snaking back to the rear of the compressor, exiting the bottom of the compressor and snaking to the front to route into the intake and back to the cylinders.

Yeah, I was going to say the same thing . . . oh, who am I kidding. My technical expertise is limited to "Man, that's a lot better!" when I stomp the accelerator thingy.

The Whipple looks cool. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Benkey, it definetely snaps your head back in the seat. Punching it at about 65 mph is almost scary. If your gonna pass you better have lots of room because I've noticed this thing doesn't let up at all. The faster you go the faster the truck wants to accelerate.

Oh yeah I also did get the tires to break loose for a couple of feet maybe. No tire smoke but they did spin.

Dave, I believe Whipple intends to go air to air. If you look on their website they have a pic of the 8.1 liter intercooled kit installed. It appears to be sort of like an air intake box mounted just aft the charger. Did they install a warning light in your SS in the cab? I've noticed it comes on at under 1/4 tank of gas. They say running full throttle at that point will damage the fuel pump. Was this a Chevy factory sticker. I wasn't sure because of the other warning sticker Whipple put on their fuel leaniancy light.

That guy really needs to clean his engine. :D

Yeah really! We've had a lot of fires in our surrounding area. Lots of ash floating through the air. I promise I'll get right on it. :D ;)

No, no. Not you. Yours looks great. :thumbs: I was looking at the link that Dave posted. Now that guys engine looks like crap. But, that's just me. I clean mine every time I wash.

Archived