Placed my order !!

dcairns

MilleniumSS03-

Give Ron a call 866-777-1953 (toll free) and he can give you a quote. I think he prefers to have a chance to explain how the deal works. The sales pitch is light and there no pressure.

I have a lot of dealers to choose from out here in the Los Angeles / Orange County area. None of then have a clue about how to order a SS yet :blink: , and all the local dealers that I have talked to have said they will be selling the SS for MSRP. Ron is selling for less than MSRP. Enough less to make it well worth my while, and I have assurance that I will be getting one sooner, rather than later B) . Remember there is about a $4900 difference between MSRP and Dealer Invoice on this truck. Plenty of room to lower the price and still let the dealer make an above normal profit on the sale. I guess all the local dealers are counting on high demand to keep that kind of profit margin going :rolleyes: .

My truck will be shipped direct the factory to a dealer about a 30 min drive away from me, even though it is coming from the allocation of a dealer in Indiana, so it is not as complicated as you might think.

Kelly Blue Book's website now lists the Silverado SS. No dealer invoice or retail yet but lists all the options. I didn't know that dark gray interior was the only color choice. Must be for the first year only. Would've liked to have seen grey available. That's what we have in our 2002 Tahoe, very easy on the eyes. Also didn't know that heated seats were standard. Very nice.

cvp

Am I the only one that ordered the SS in RED ??? I have had only red Chevy pickups for the last 15 years....cant change now.

what about painting the XM antenna and the on-star antenna to match the body color (for red and blue) it might hide it some, but will it lose effectiveness....?

I am a sucker for Blue. I was hooked on the Arrival Blue for the 1500, before I even heard about the SS, so I guess I am lucky they are offering a Arrival Blue for the SS. My '91 S-10 is Blue too. The Black looks real classy but the darker paints show swirl marks too easy. The Red is cool, but just not for me. I like to be a bit more discreet looking, with so many cops around, here in the city, Red just screams " I am fast, gimme a ticket!" :D

Archived