in dash dvd

Holty

Ok, who has in dash DVD and what make/models? I can get a Alpine IVA-D310 with PAC adapter and Stinger adapter to watch while driving, installed for $1400. Is this unit any good? Does anybody hear have it?

Ok, who has in dash DVD and what make/models?  I can get a Alpine IVA-D310 with PAC adapter and Stinger adapter to watch while driving, installed for $1400.  Is this unit any good?  Does anybody hear have it?

great screen!!!! good price. I say do it! as for that "interface" good lukc programming it, we have tried and we are at about a 25% success rate!

You will love the picture on that screen, it blows away anything on the market except Alpines big dog 901 screen

the ss has kind of a (we will just say little puss alternator,105amp) so if you throw anything on your ss that uses decent amperage it will need a new alt.You could probably get away with just a yellow top but i would play it safe with a 145 amp alt.I added just e-fans and they drop my voltage down to 11-12 when they are on at idle.You will probably be ok without either for a while but your battery will not last as long as it normally would.

Ok, who has in dash DVD and what make/models?  I can get a Alpine IVA-D310 with PAC adapter and Stinger adapter to watch while driving, installed for $1400.  Is this unit any good?  Does anybody hear have it?

Thats the screen I just traded my AVIC for... awesome screen (Chase will testify) the settings are infinte, picture quality is awesome, and user interface is great too. Great choice for a headunit IMO.

i havn't seen one working in person, so all i can go by is what you guys say and what im reading on the car audio forums. is this the unit that can display stuff like the tach and gagues and stuff?

also, are you guys using it with your steering wheels controls ok?

lastly, will it flip open and closed without hitting the gear shift when in park , rev, or drive?

I have the clarion VRX-935VD, this unit is also touch screen and flip out from the dash. It will hit the shifter in park if not pulled tward you, but in reverse and drive it operates just fine. I like the alpine stuff, just a bit better than the clarion stuff. To me right now I never use the TV and its more novelty at this point.

the ss has kind of a (we will just say little puss alternator,105amp) so if you throw anything on your ss that uses decent amperage it will need a new alt.You could probably get away with just a yellow top but i would play it safe with a 145 amp alt.I added just e-fans and they drop my voltage down to 11-12 when they are on at idle.You will probably be ok without either for a while but your battery will not last as long as it normally would.

I am thinking this is my problem. The first month my stereo sounded real nice, the sub would hit nice and solid. Now sometimes when I am listening ,the bass will sound real weak. Has anyone else had this problem with the stock alt?

just got my iva-d310 installed yesterday. all looks and sounds good, except i didn't test dvd playback until i got home that night. not only can i not play dvd's while driving (like the shop said i would be able to), i can't play dvd's at all. i can't even get into the menus to set the clock. i think it's stuck in "driving mode" where you can't access some features because you have to be parked with the e-brake on. but, i can't get it work while i'm parked either. anybody know how to fix this?

If they did a by-pass w/ a toggle then you will have to press the break, flip the switch (usually under the dash) back and forth 3-4 times and then release the brake. Because mine is over-ridden that way I have to do it whether the truck is parked or not.

You definitely need to figure out how they did it b/c all the eq settings and everything are only accessible with the over-ride on.

Sounds like a trip back to the audio shop is in order. I've never heard of an 'adapter' that will just allow you to bypass the no-dvd-while-driving feature on newer decks like the d310. Every by-pass I've seen on newer decks involves a toggle switch or some manual sequence to make it work.

Archived