The Price You Pay

HOLSTEIN

26 gallons of 87 octane gas is $80.34 ($3.09 gallon)

26 gallons of 93 octane gas is $85.54 ($3.29 gallon)

just $5.20 differance......

i will still run prem but wow this is crazy..... i have a great job that pays very well but i cant help but to think about those that are less fortunate with minium wage paying jobs.... waiters, waitress, mcdonalds, bk, grocery store clerks etc. etc. etc.......

i look for the president to envoke a "gas cap" sometime in the near future, it was done once in the late 70's early 80's and hope it is done again

yeah, it hurts all of us, me too but just not as bad as some..... i live less than five miles from work and can make it two and half to three weeks on a tank of gas.. my wifes highlander gets about 20mpg but she drives about 25 miles to work one way.....

the question is when will it stop, this gas prices is hurting everything and everyone, were are paying the price of high gas not only at the pump but also with everything else, pizza, groceries, retail merchandise etc

I've come to think that I have a pretty good paying job for this area, and I'm really feeling this right now, so I can't imagine the pinch others are feeling..

So as of right now the C3 is staying parked.. I can't afford double the gas bill all of a sudden.. :banghead::banghead:

My wifes Ford ZX2 is getting used the most right now.. Luckily I was able to change my schedule so that we could carpool..

man i wish i had a beater. but in al reality i would end up paying more with a 2nd car(insurance and payment) but it sure would be nice to have a lil sumpin to scoot me around.

Man! these gas prices have really skyrocketed...I've been riding my bike, it get's about 50 or so mpg.... it eases the cost a little, but still it keeps me from driving my truck. I'm hoping that we get some of these environmental restrictions releived today and the supply will increace to bring the price/cost back down to a resonable level. Otherwise I'm gonna not be driving unless I have to....

I'm not not rich either, I need my pay check like every one else, but it does put a hole in my wallet. luckily I live close to my work so I don't use much gas during the week but I usually make up for it on the weekends :D

I usually drive a few miles over the limit, talk about not wanting to do the speed limit :D

were are paying the price of high gas not only at the pump but also with everything else, pizza, groceries, retail merchandise etc

I just printed up some stickers for the tops of invoices for a friend of mine that owns his own BBQ Sauce company. "

Due to the Nation's current increase in gasoline prices, we have been forced to raise our product costs. We appreciate your understanding in this matter during this national adversity." Added $3 per case...

were are paying the price of high gas not only at the pump but also with everything else, pizza, groceries, retail merchandise etc

I just printed up some stickers for the tops of invoices for a friend of mine that owns his own BBQ Sauce company. "

Due to the Nation's current increase in gasoline prices, we have been forced to raise our product costs. We appreciate your understanding in this matter during this national adversity." Added $3 per case...

I know what you mean!!! I own a lawncare business and from the time I leave in the am to the time I get home at night I'm CONSTANTLY using fuel whether it's deisel in the truck to gas in the mower, blower, trimmer etc... It's getting rediculous. It used to cost 140.00 a week to fill up all the equipment and truck... it's almost doubled since we bid the jobs this spring. Most of the customers understand though. The one thing everyone has to realize is that it doesn't just hurt the minimum wage working people- these fuel prices are going to really affect our whole economy. Shipping, delivery, pretty much EVERYTHING is directly related. The sad thing is theres not much we can do about it. I remember my brother talking about how much the price of cigarettes keep increasing (I'm not a smoker) and I always told him- if it bothers you that much just quit. Atleast you have that option.

Damn, These gas prices are getting crazy. I really don't have to worry about that since I'm here in Iraq at the moment. I wish we had a gas system like we have here. We just drive our hummer up and we get filled up for free. Its going to suck when I get back home and have to pay for my gas again. :flag:

Don't be surprised when President Bush re-imposes the 55MPH National Speed Limit. According to "economists", that will save about 12-15% of gasoline use as compared to driving 65MPH. Wait and see!

TP

BTW, REGULAR is $ 3.28/gal. in Bonner this morning! Mowed my grass last night for $ 20.00...ridiculous!

Archived