Gas price

zoopete

Well I dont want you guys to think I am complaning, but gas prices have jumped over the last two days. It is up to 3.09 a gal for premium here in SC, I did not buy a sport truck to complane about gas, but dont you think gas is very overpriced. I know the thing in MISS, Put a crunch on gas but this seams unfair. What do you guys think. I might go buy a motercycle so I can save on gas and the miles off the SSS. What do you guys think? :chevy:

i think the cost of purchasing another vehicle and the gas for that is retarded when that $$ could be spent on the gas of the truck. You get a $2000 beater that cost 30-40 bucks to fill up still vs the 60-70 on the SS and you will actually make out in about 3-4 years if that. Remember you still have to maintain the beater. Just drive the truck and have fun!

Not a technical forum issue.

I wish I had a dollar for every gas thread that comes up. Yes, gas prices suck, yep the truck sucks it up. Such is life.

You could always get a hybrid. A Toyota Prius, with the modificationes necessary for at-home charging at night can get 250 miles to a gallon (as was posted here). If I didn't already have 2 car payments over $1K a month, I'd get one.

I'd drive a motorcycle to work but I probably wouldn't live long(traffic on I64 is freakin' crazy). I'm thinking about the hybrid deal already. 60 MPG is better than 30 MPG. Plus with my skills I could have it running 500 MPG in a week or two lol :crackup: . JK but the Hybrid deal is something I'm thinking about. I will never get rid of the SS no matter how high gas is. Just glad I haven't added FI yet.

Archived