wonderful TEXAS DPS

DirtySSouth

I just wanna say that the front license Texas state law is a bunch of crap....hardly any other states have that law and a front plate does not look good on an SS im sorry..anyways, im so distraught just cuz i got pulled over twice this past week for no front plate... but ya know what! i aint puttin one on so looks like ill be gettin pulled over more untill they change the law! haha later :rolleyes:

We have them in NY. :fume: North Dakota also has them!! :wtf: (my wife is from there)

How are they going to get the number from a head on closing speed of over 150 MPH (You are going 85, the cop is doing 65)? That is over 100 feet/second! There is no way to read a plate going that fast.

There is just no good reason to put them on :puke:

I just wanna say that the front license Texas state law is a bunch of crap....hardly any other states have that law and a front plate does not look good on an SS im sorry..anyways, im so distraught just cuz i got pulled over twice this past week for no front plate... but ya know what! i aint puttin one on so looks like ill be gettin pulled over more untill they change the law! haha later :rolleyes:

:crazy: I am with you - I will not put holes in my bumber so I mounted it through the lower grill - see picture.

If you wanted to spend some money and save on tickets, you might look into making a bracket that would hold a vacuum control license plate. Usually see them on street rods.

http://www.tperformance.com/street_rod_sto...etract-a-plate/

It'd be tight on ground clearance but you might be able to mount it right behind the lower bumper. Just an idea.

that would hold a vacuum control license plate.

That's interesting. I didn't know there was even such a thing. Need to figure out how to use one of those (for the rear) when I go past photo radar. :P

Need to figure out how to use one of those (for the rear) when I go past photo radar. :P

:D

Actually, you'll need two: one to raise your existing plate, and a second to lower a plate with a picture of hand extending the digit of your choice!

Actually, you'll need two: one to raise your existing plate, and a second to lower a plate with a picture of hand extending the digit of your choice!

That would DEFIANTLY be worth the price.

You haven't seen those things they have to defeat photo radar?

Yes, and have read many reviews on all that stuff. The plastic screens you put over your plate that "makes the license plate unreadable from certain angles," in-vehicle devices the supposedly scamble and/or defeat all types of radar guns etc. According the virtually all the write-ups I've looked at they ALL say that "a fool and his money are soon parted."

Based on that information I'm going to keep my wallet in my pocket and find other ways to beat "The Man." :cool:

Based on that information I'm going to keep my wallet in my pocket and find other ways to beat "The Man." 

Lee:

From what I have read the best device currently available is not a radar detector. It’s some type of scrambler you set it to show a certain speed, when a radar signal is detected it scrambles the signal and sends the radar gun the speed you dialed in. If you are doing 80 and you dialed in 60 the radar gun shows 60. You have to turn them off in town, if you are doing 30; the radar gun still gets the 60 signal! They are pricey, but worth it. They are illegal in a few states but so are radar detectors. I'd be interested in a scrambler that makes their (the cops) equipment's data useless (i.e. ... showing I was going 250 mph.) :lol::D:cool:

Archived