Stroker 410 + Yank TT 2600 stall

I know that zippy posted a little about Matt's 408 towing. I wanted however, to state that even a stroker that has been built all out with big cam and stgIII heads still can tow better than the stock motor. No surprise I'm sure, but usually the low end is not very good for larger cams. The stroker low-end torque more than makes up for any deficit in low end.

I would also like to say that the 2600 stall did very well. My tranny temps only hit 185* in 94 degree weather, stop and go traffic. I towed my boat about 30 miles one way and it weighs about 2800-3000lbs. Could not even tell it was back there and the motor/tranny combo never struggled a bit.

Still have not fully tuned it yet. Idling is good. Been working on VE/PE fueling and it has been fun so far. Have not even started working on maxing out the power or timing changes, but it is pretty quick. Very similar to my Radix. As soon as I get a set of headers on it, I expect it will do even better. If the lb/min readings are any kind of indication, I have logged 46lb/min just playing around. No hard starts yet, but quite a few WOT transitions from a 50mph roll. Just turned over 400 miles this morning. Will be towing the boat to VA (1000 miles) tonight. Will be doing WB tuning up there.

May hit the 1/8 mile track just a few miles away (from where I'm staying) in a couple of weeks to see where it is at.

very cool. good to know. :thumbs: i haven't tried towing anything with matts because he doesn't have a hitch on his truck, but i remember saying that i thought it would be very impressive if you had to pull anything. the engine just seems to shrug off extra weight like it's no big deal. you're going to be real excited as you get the timing where you want it. the best i've done with matts so far is 47 lbs min. of air through the maf, but that was in 65º air. my attempt is to pull 50lbs min. out of it at 60º air temp. hopefully the new cam will be coming soon and that will make it a breeze. sure is nice to drive with that 4" stroke. :D:chevy:

Archived