component speakers

04CHASE

Hey Guys his original question here was about components.

Now Granted his components wont sound as good as they could unless he moves to an aftermerket deck, but that can be purchased later.

I have never been impressed with Quart stuff. Harsh, peaky and the tonality is really inconsitant depending on music types.

My favorites in the 500$ range,

Diamond Audio Hex or D9 Series Components 300$-500$

A/D/S (Analog and Digital systems)3 series components 400-600$

Focal Poly Line or KX Line, (3 ways sound the best with this set up)

Cliff Designs Components 400-600$

Boston Pro Series, (this speaker has an aquired taste, some love it others dont)

All of these speakers love lots of power,, so give it to them if you Go this route, 100 + watts each channel.

on my diamond Audio Hex 3 ways I am running

5.25 Hex Silk dome components in the kicks and a 6.5inch mid bass in the doors.

100 watts going to each kick and 300 watts going to each door!!!

I wish I had more to give it but I would bump a power class!

I have never been impressed with Quart stuff.  Harsh, peaky and the tonality is really inconsitant depending on music types.

:withstupid: I'm not a fan either. But, that's my ear, your's will be different.

Like it was stated earlier, listen before you buy. Go off of what your ear likes, not ours.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the CDT CL-61's in my Z06. They are AMAZING for being one of CDT's entry level component sets. I will be moving up to probably the CDT Euros for a new system in the SSS.

I listen to metal so I like a bright tweet. You wont go wrong with the CDT's IMHO.

• 4 weeks later...
alot of people like mb quarts, i have heard them and im not to impressed, the reason i asked opinions and stated the music i listen to, i know different sounds sound better through different speakers, thats why i was trying to be as specific as possible.I think i will look into the focal's and cdt's though.

As for the volume and the controls working ,they will with the cleansweep . and it digital process's the sound coming from your inputs, so im pretty  sure it sounds better than an l.o.c..

wanna place a wager on that?

well if it uses the stock head unit. Then why would you lose the factory controls. you may be right but an explanation would be good.

you will still have all the factory controls EXCEPT the volume, the new knob on the clean sweep will replace that.

my wager though was on the Sound Quality side. I bet you will NOT hear a difference between a quality 40$ LOC and the 250/400$ cleensweep. not in our trucks anyway. there are vehicles out there that the JL piece is good for but save your money and dont get it for the SS.

I will guarantee you here better sound with jl's then something cheap. the cleansweep is an awesome unit and if it would have been out when i did the system in my truck, I would have put one in instead of an expensive head unit. You should go to the jl website and check out their escalade. It has the cleansweep and it sounds awesome. I have heard it first hand. I am kind of biased towards jl, but i think that they have some of the best stuff out there.

alot of people like mb quarts, i have heard them and im not to impressed, the reason i asked opinions and stated the music i listen to, i know different sounds sound better through different speakers, thats why i was trying to be as specific as possible.I think i will look into the focal's and cdt's though.

As for the volume and the controls working ,they will with the cleansweep . and it digital process's the sound coming from your inputs, so im pretty  sure it sounds better than an l.o.c..

wanna place a wager on that?

well if it uses the stock head unit. Then why would you lose the factory controls. you may be right but an explanation would be good.

you will still have all the factory controls EXCEPT the volume, the new knob on the clean sweep will replace that.

my wager though was on the Sound Quality side. I bet you will NOT hear a difference between a quality 40$ LOC and the 250/400$ cleensweep. not in our trucks anyway. there are vehicles out there that the JL piece is good for but save your money and dont get it for the SS.

I will guarantee you here better sound with jl's then something cheap. the cleansweep is an awesome unit and if it would have been out when i did the system in my truck, I would have put one in instead of an expensive head unit. You should go to the jl website and check out their escalade. It has the cleansweep and it sounds awesome. I have heard it first hand. I am kind of biased towards jl, but i think that they have some of the best stuff out there.

To each his own, Im not gonna go pi$$in up a rope on this. I can tell you this, I have 40$ LOC in my SS and it sounds phenominal.

• 1 month later...

Archived