Mods to front end for hard launches?

Krambo

2005 2500HD Duramax Crew Cab Shortbed LT

Re-engineered for happiness...389hp and 794 ft-lb...at the wheels

:eek::eek: 794 fl-lbs? DAMN, DUDE :thumbs:

Mr. P. :)

It's amazing what some fueling and boost can do...now I just gotta get a nitrous setup on her and some more fuel.

My buddy has an '03 Dmax longbed, standard cab, and his quickest to date is 11.75 @ 115...with a plow mount, toolbox, and headache rack :seeya:

PRE spray, he dyno'd 500hp and 999ft-lb at the wheels... :eek:

how much boost?

Who, me or him?

I'm spiking in the low 30s, and normally at around 26 psi.

I think that he's somewhere around mid 30s while going down the track, but can't remember exactly.

i was watching the diesel drags at martin friday. it is always fun to watch them. they put alot of effort into running them times. the diesels don't make as much power, but come with alot of the right parts from the factory for sure.

the diesels don't make as much power, but come with alot of the right parts from the factory for sure.

Not to split hairs (or start a gas vs. diesel debate) but I'd have to argue that they make MORE power than the gassers. Diesel fuel has roughly an 18% greater power density than gasoline, and is more efficient to take advantage of the increased power that is available.

That said, I was a hardcore gasser guy and I thought diesels were for heavy equipment until I bought my HD (Hemi Destroyer :lol: ) and started playing with it. I'm at the point now that I will never buy another gasoline powered daily driver.

to me they're for fuel milage. if i had a 403 version of this engine even with it only having 2 valves per cylinder i could equal that rear wheel torque number with less than 20psi of boost. at 30psi i'd like to think i could make well more than 999ft lbs. parish made 1090 at the rears with 5 more cubes, 2 valves per cylinder instead of 4, no nitrous/propane type injection, and had pump fuel. diesels make excellent power in the form that they are in considering that they already have the turbo on them from the factory and gas engines don't.

i don't want to make this sound like i'm not into performance diesels, i love it. racing anything is fun and diesels just makes it more fun. :thumbs:

to me they're for fuel milage. if i had a 403 version of this engine even with it only having 2 valves per cylinder i could equal that rear wheel torque number with less than 20psi of boost. at 30psi i'd like to think i could make well more than 999ft lbs. parish made 1090 at the rears with 5 more cubes, 2 valves per cylinder instead of 4, no nitrous/propane type injection, and had pump fuel. diesels make excellent power in the form that they are in considering that they already have the turbo on them from the factory and gas engines don't.

i don't want to make this sound like i'm not into performance diesels, i love it. racing anything is fun and diesels just makes it more fun.  :thumbs:

Fuel milage. Yes. I can still knock down 18-19 mpg with my setup....and it's dead reliable. 999 ft-lb was my buddy's number on ONLY #2 diesel. I'd guess it's in the low 1300s on spray. (but it's a guess). Did I mention that he still plows snow in the winter with his 11 sec daily driver? All it takes is the turn of a knob to bring him back close to stock. I know there are other guys out there (Duramax guys) who are daily driving more than 1000 ft-lbs.

At 6000 feet elevation, IBDMAX'N from DieselPlace runs 11.931 @ 118.69 w/N20 & propane. His dyno numbers?? 756 RWHP 1390 ft-lbs torque w/N20 Did I forget to mention that it's a crew cab, shortbox 4x4?

Micheal Tomac ( www.duramaxracing.com ) is also in the 11s with his setup, and tows, truck pulls, sand dunes, and daily drives his rig.

:seeya:

The way I see it is that there is ONE Parish8, there are LOTS of Dmax guys running the numbers, with 365 day a year daily driver reliable rigs. I don't think Parish can claim that. ( But I do respect what he has done to that truck! I'd like to follow that path with my '69 C-10.

Bottom line, I just like FAST Chevy trucks, no matter what the combustion method... :driving::chevy:

Archived