differences between these alarms?

Holty

I'm looking at the Viper 791XV, the Clifford RSX3.5, and the Avital Avistart 4400. Can someone please explain to me what the differences are? They are all different prices, but can't figure out why. thanks.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm looking at the Viper 791XV, the Clifford RSX3.5, and the Avital Avistart 4400.  Can someone please explain to me what the differences are?  They are all different prices, but can't figure out why.  thanks.

name my friend name, that is the difference. you will be happy with any of them.

i don't know if this is true or not, but someone replied on another forum saying that the viper and the clifford are the same using FM, but the avital uses AM. i don't know if this is true or not, or what the advantages or disadvantages are either. but it seems there is a differenece.

i don't know if this is true or not, but someone replied on another forum saying that the viper and the clifford are the same using FM, but the avital uses AM. i don't know if this is true or not, or what the advantages or disadvantages are either. but it seems there is a differenece.

I have the viper and love it........Remote start, Power windows, the whole 9 yards. :D

Difference between am and fm, longer and more reliable range from fm. am sucks in my opinion!

when i walk up to my vehicle and unlock the doors using the OEM remote, the lights come on and stay on. also, when i park it and turn off the key, the lights stay on. is there a way to keep this courtesy lighting after the alarm is installed? i'm getting the viper 791xv, thanks.

when i walk up to my vehicle and unlock the doors using the OEM remote, the lights come on and stay on. also, when i park it and turn off the key, the lights stay on. is there a way to keep this courtesy lighting after the alarm is installed? i'm getting the viper 791xv, thanks.

I have the same alarm and I used DEI interfaces and these features still work pike they did the day I bought it. so I would say yes!

I just had a Compustar 900mhz 2 way paging remote installed last night, remote start and all that.

All of my opem functions are the same, and when the alarm is activated it controls the factory alarm at the same time.

So when it goes off the Compustar blows the sirena nd the factory setup blows the horn.

Also, the security light on my dash is still illuminated when the Compustar is active.

Now to figure out how to set it up so my seats come on inthe winter.

Havent tried setting them in my seat memory options yet.

I just had a Compustar 900mhz 2 way paging remote installed last night, remote start and all that.

All of my opem functions are the same, and when the alarm is activated it controls the factory alarm at the same time.

So when it goes off the Compustar blows the sirena nd the factory setup blows the horn.

Also, the security light on my dash is still illuminated when the Compustar is active.

Heated seats are pretty straight forward to hook up. not to bad. if you have questions let me know and i can get the info to your installer/you

• 2 weeks later...

I went with the viper 791xv. So far, i like the alarm alot, except for a couple of glitches. First thing is sometime (maybe 10% of the time) when i get out of my truck and arm the alarm, the alarm thinks my door is still open because of the dome light being on for a few min's after i exit the vehicle, so the alarm bypasses the doors and does not lock them! This is huge, because the only way to get them to lock is to get back in the truck, start it to reset the alarm, then get out and arm it again.

The other problem is that i had a 530T window module put in (makes the windows go up and down), and when i arm the truck, the passenger side window only goes up half way then stops. I don't know what is up with that?

what??  if your dome light doesnt come on then the alarm doesnt go off?  That doesnt sound right.  I dont recall ever having that problem with any of my alarms in the past

03 and up chevy trucks have seperate door triggers inside the door. The only way to hook and alarm up to the doors is to go into each door. Unless you want to pay alot more for your install...you have to live with the alarm hooked up to the domelight. On the 791xv, u can turn off the warning chirp and it will lock the doors. Talk to the shop that did the install and have them program the warning chirp off.

Most databus bypass modules that are used on new chevys(gmdaa,457g,etc...) turn on the seats when the engine temp is below 0 celsuis. If your seats don't turn on, have the shop change to a newer bypass module.

Archived