differences between these alarms?

Holty

what??  if your dome light doesnt come on then the alarm doesnt go off?  That doesnt sound right.  I dont recall ever having that problem with any of my alarms in the past

03 and up chevy trucks have seperate door triggers inside the door. The only way to hook and alarm up to the doors is to go into each door. Unless you want to pay alot more for your install...you have to live with the alarm hooked up to the domelight. On the 791xv, u can turn off the warning chirp and it will lock the doors. Talk to the shop that did the install and have them program the warning chirp off.

thanks paulguy for your help. my concern though is that it should still lock the doors when bypass is done right?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
also paulguy, since it's sounds like you know your alarms, do you have any comments on my window module problem?

There are different settings on the 530T window module. have them set it at the highest setting. IF this does NOT work there is a modification INSIDE the 530T that can be done and they can get the info at the DDI website to do this. real simple. I had to do it to mine and then I set it at the middle setting to get the windows to go up.

As far as the new modules and turning on the heated seats. I have not heard of that (not that they dont). I just went into the doors seperatly and tagged them together with a negative trigger thru a relay and then Diode Isolated them. I used the same output as the window down on my remote but the only time I can turn the seats on is when it is remote started. If you have questions let me know.

I also agree with Paulguy, have them turn off the warning chirps and your doors will arm and lock just fine.

also paulguy, since it's sounds like you know your alarms, do you have any comments on my window module problem?

ya, fast4popper is on it. It's all in the programing, your install shop won't have any problem programing your starter and windows to work the way it should, the heated seats are a matter of using the right parts, the tech that installed your starter might not even be aware of what the interfaces can do. I wasn't aware that the 457g bypass module did turn on the heated seats till my viper rep came by today and showed me the updated list for it today.

fast4popper, did i read that right when you said you can only turn on your seats when it remote started? you mean from the remote you can only turn them on, when started. But you can still turn them on from the switch, right? Don't take that the wrong way, I don't mean to insult you.

ya, fast4popper is on it. It's all in the programing, your install shop won't have any problem programing your starter and windows to work the way it should, the heated seats are a matter of using the right parts, the tech that installed your starter might not even be aware of what the interfaces can do. I wasn't aware that the 457g bypass module did turn on the heated seats till my viper rep came by today and showed me the updated list for it today.

fast4popper, did i read that right when you said you can only turn on your seats when it remote started? you mean from the remote you can only turn them on, when started. But you can still turn them on from the switch, right? Don't take that the wrong way, I don't mean to insult you.

Yes you read right. I did not use a 457G. I did a 456 and a 555L. I then ran a wire into each door and diode isolated them so they do not trigger each other. there is a neg trigger to turn on the heated seats in the doors. Once I remote start my truck I hit my AUX button on the 791 remote and the heated seats then turn to the highest settings, if I hit it again it will go one step down and so on until its off, JUST LIKE HITTING THE BUTTON ON THE DOOR. and yes it still works with the switches on the doors. with the truck NOT running the same button does my windows Down

So what you are saying is absolutly correct. thats good to know about the 457G. we have not had our new trainings yet so that is good insight. Thanks -C- :cheers:

There are different settings on the 530T window module. have them set it at the highest setting. IF this does NOT work there is a modification INSIDE the 530T that can be done and they can get the info at the DDI website to do this. real simple. I had to do it to mine and then I set it at the middle setting to get the windows to go up.

As far as the new modules and turning on the heated seats. I have not heard of that (not that they dont). I just went into the doors seperatly and tagged them together with a negative trigger thru a relay and then Diode Isolated them. I used the same output as the window down on my remote but the only time I can turn the seats on is when it is remote started. If you have questions let me know.

I also agree with Paulguy, have them turn off the warning chirps and your doors will arm and lock just fine.

OK, thanks for the great info! i just want to clarify a little, my installer did tell me the 530T module is on it's highest setting, so the next step is opening it up and modifying something to make it work, and my insaller can get this from DEI tech support correct?

Also, i wanted to add, just today, about 30min's ago, i drove to work, parked my truck, got out, shut the door, armed my alarm, got the second warning chirp and the doors DID NOT LOCK! you're saying by bypassing this chirp the doors will lock, correct? thanks again!!!!

OK, thanks for the great info! i just want to clarify a little, my installer did tell me the 530T module is on it's highest setting, so the next step is opening it up and modifying something to make it work, and my insaller can get this from DEI tech support correct?

Also, i wanted to add, just today, about 30min's ago, i drove to work, parked my truck, got out, shut the door, armed my alarm, got the second warning chirp and the doors DID NOT LOCK! you're saying by bypassing this chirp the doors will lock, correct? thanks again!!!!

First off, he can get the info on the DEI website there is a tech tip on it for the windows.

as far as getting the locks to work. yes this SHOULD work. what module did your installer use do you know? also when it does lock and you go to unlock it does it unlock the passenger door? just some info to help me better evaluate your situation. let us know and we can get this straightened out and keep you armed so that you can know what you are talking about when you go back to your installer. -C-

First off, he can get the info on the DEI website there is a tech tip on it for the windows.

as far as getting the locks to work. yes this SHOULD work. what module did your installer use do you know? also when it does lock and you go to unlock it does it unlock the passenger door? just some info to help me better evaluate your situation. let us know and we can get this straightened out and keep you armed so that you can know what you are talking about when you go back to your installer. -C-

as far as i know, he used the 530T module. and yes, i does unlock both the doors upon disarming.

i will print out the link you gave me and take it with me tomorrow. thanks again, you guys have been a HUGE help.

as far as i know, he used the 530T module. and yes, i does unlock both the doors upon disarming.

i will print out the link you gave me and take it with me tomorrow. thanks again, you guys have been a HUGE help.

The reason the alarm is not locking the doors is because it is simulating the door switch. just as if you were to try to lock the doors with one open with the switch on the doors the truck will not let you. this system is doing the same thing. have him program the dome light overide and you should be fine. If not then he is tied to the wrong door trigger and needs to fix it. can I ask where you got it installed? big box store or a mom and pop shop? let us know how it goes tomorrow. good luck!

Yes you read right. I did not use a 457G. I did a 456 and a 555L. I then ran a wire into each door and diode isolated them so they do not trigger each other. there is a neg trigger to turn on the heated seats in the doors. Once I remote start my truck I hit my AUX button on the 791 remote and the heated seats then turn to the highest settings, if I hit it again it will go one step down and so on until its off, JUST LIKE HITTING THE BUTTON ON THE DOOR. and yes it still works with the switches on the doors. with the truck NOT running the same button does my windows Down

So what you are saying is absolutly correct. thats good to know about the 457G. we have not had our new trainings yet so that is good insight. Thanks -C- :cheers:

I used to do heated seats that way, before these modules did that(a year or two ago), but Viper is always the last to implement new ideas. I prefer to hook up the heated seats to a rearm wire that pulses after start, then wire a switch inline so that you can turn them off. But of course viper is to stupid to give you an option for a pulse after start, so your limited to pushing a button after you remote start.

Sorry for ranting, i just hate viper, even though i sell and install them. Sadly its the best product i have.

we have had good luck with the DEI product, you are right they are the last to implement new things, but when they do release them they are right and they work. we also carry astroflex. decent stuff but a pain to get tech support. where do you work Holty? just wondering

I went to my install shop today. luckily while i was there the alarm started acting up so he got to see all the crazy shit it has been doing lol. so anyway when we armed the truck, the doors would lock, but then the siren would not chirp. he replaced the brain, so then the siren would chirp, but the doors would not lock lol. so he replaced the gm module interface thing. so far, it is working like it supposed to, but we ran out of time to work on the windows cause i had to be at work.

i work for a software company in pittsurgh, i'm a technical engineer.

we have had good luck with the DEI product, you are right they are the last to implement new things, but when they do release them they are right and they work. we also carry astroflex. decent stuff but a pain to get tech support.  where do you work Holty?  just wondering

Ya, DEI product holds up well, I'm a big fan of astrostart. thats what i first installed when i got into the business, and they're french to english translations suck, manuals are really piss poor. You can't beat astrochart for info though. awsome program, blows directwire away. I asked the viper rep today when the new spread spectrum vipers are coming out, he said i prob won't see them till after jan... that sounds about right for DEI, right at the end of car starter season.

Archived