About To Bag Truck

SURF

I decided that im gonna go ahead and bag my truck since i was gonna do that or the 4/6 drop. i can get it bagged professional with all supplies for 3,200 is that a good price? and whats some of the best bag equipment. also is that a good or bad thing for your truck?

Hard to say if thats a good price or not without the specifics. If your getting a 6 link, notch, tub, etc for that price... then yes... thats a great price. But on the other hand if they're gonna do some hackjob and just stuff the bags under the truck... no.... thats not a good price.

For that price you better be getting top of the line stuff. Is your truck awd or 2wd? That would make a big difference in price too. If anything you can get a good deal on stuff at suicidedoors.com. And I think fbimini.com still has slam bags for 69 bucks.

personally, and what im getting, i want the kp cantaleaver 6 link kit in the rear, with a step notch and the cool ride A.R.T. kit..... ive read that the cool ride keeps the negative camber to a minimum....so easy to do alignments.

Well just as a comparison because i'm sure if your into bags you have seen the work that Devious Customs does. As many of you already know I used to work there, and for your average bag job being... drop spindles, bags, 2 5 gallon tanks, two viair 450 compressors, all 1/2" electric valves, a stepnotch large enough to run 22" wheels and still lay frame, the front fenderwells removed and all components relocated, Custom bag mount in the rear with a hole cut in the bed, all pluming and a 10 switch box. depending on the vehicle and the work involved our average price was about $6000. Add $3000 for an inframe body drop! Which was way too cheap IMO for the work involved in the body drop.

i have a 2wd. and the guy that is doing it does it for a living he has a very nice shop and his past 2 trucks have been in the truckin mag. i know him because i went to school with his son. right now he has a 02 single cab silverado bagged and fully shaved and its very nice. its a clean frame drop and his bags are very fast. he can almost bounce it. hes said he would charge me 3,200 to bag 150$ to shave door handles.

Archived