New truck photos

dberry87

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have to say IMO i like that intimidator a lil more being that the grille inserts stayed with the off-grey/monochromatic color to them.... all the 06's at my work have black grille inserts... and it seems to off-set itself from the rest of the vehicle (being that not too much beyond the outside mirror's outskits has black plastic) - kind of like how NOTHING elese on the truck is gold... yet they slap a big fat gold bowtie on the frt. grille. the grey scoops have nothing to match with anymore... the grille is black now... and all the wheels are chrome... i understand it was cheaper to mass produce/get rid of the 2500 pieces quicker/easier to get ready for the new body style by putting em on the 1500's but they should have left the SS alone in my opinion... REGUARDLESS to each is own... welcome to the site!!!! and congrats on the beautiful truck!

Ray,

I think the picture you just posted is wrong. It is the same one Chevy has on their web site and I think it is just a computer model of an HD front end on the same SS picture they have been using for the last three years.

Everything I have sen and read says body color grill.

This doesn't mean I am 100% correct, but it is just what I think is going on with the "Official?" picture of the 2006 on Chevy's site.

I'm not sure if I like the HD front for 06... at least not on the SS... but it is starting to grow on me. I'm sure once I see one w/ billet and all the front end goodies I'll like it more.

:withstupid:

I would like to see it with all the goods....I really don't like the HD hood though...

well hello 06! i was askin my dealer when they would get those in but they had no clue... i was expectin more changes but oh well.. nice truck man. im guessin theyre practically the same specs as the 05s? ive been too lazy to read all the different articles haha. congrats on the truck man! hope you grow to love it like the rest of us guys/ladies and our trucks.

P.S. - You're wife, if ya got one, and ya bank account is really gonna hate it if you hang around here too much... just a warning.. :chevy:

Ray,

I think the picture you just posted is wrong. It is the same one Chevy has on their web site and I think it is just a computer model of an HD front end on the same SS picture they have been using for the last three years.

Everything I have sen and read says body color grill.

This doesn't mean I am 100% correct, but it is just what I think is going on with the "Official?" picture of the 2006 on Chevy's site.

Yep, it is right off their web site. You would think they would have a correct picture by now, but knowing how slow they act on things, it wouldn't surprise me if it still is a computer model. :(

Archived