New 2007 Tahoe Pictures @ GM-TC

Mervz

• Admin

You guys might be very interested in the galleries and information over at http://www.gm-trucks.com.

New 07 Tahoe. We're getting a good look at what the new Silverados will look like inside and out. Not bad i must say!

Here's a preview, but the main pics are at GM-TC, click the link above!

Tahoe2.jpg

Tahoe1.jpg

Not bad, not bad at all. I was a little worried from the spy shots, but I think GM did a decent job. :thumbs:

Engine offerings for the new SUVs include:

* 4.8L iron block (RPO LY2), rated at 290 horsepower (216 kw)*

* 5.3L iron block (RPO LY5) with Displacement On Demand technology, rated at 320 horsepower (238 kw)* (including E85-capable version – RPO LMG)

* 5.3L aluminum block (RPO LC9) with Displacement On Demand technology and E85 capability, rated at 320 horsepower (238 kw)*

* 6.0L iron block (LY6) heavy-duty engine with variable valve timing, rated at 350 horsepower (260 kw)*

* 6.0L aluminum block (L76) with Displacement On Demand technology and variable valve timing, rated at 355 horsepower (264 kw)*

* 6.2L aluminum block (L92) with variable valve timing, capable of 380 and 400 horsepower (283 kw to 298 kw)*

And look at that array of engine choices. :cheers:

Not bad, but I do like the dash better in our trucks. The outside of the Tahoo looks real good, but I am not a big fan with what Chevy did with the front end. I think it might be the grill and headlights that is throwing me off, but I am sure it will grow on me.

its about time i wonder if the silverado ss will available in 07?

A new Hydra-Matic 6L80 six-speed automatic transmission is matched with the 6.2L engine. It has a wide, 6.04:1 overall ratio – including two overdrive gears – that helps deliver an excellent balance of performance and fuel economy. The 6L80’s six forward gears have smaller “steps” between them, compared to a conventional four-speed automatic, which bolsters both performance and the feeling of smoothness. Shorter steps between the gears help the transmission quickly find the best gear for the vehicle speed and road conditions, with less back-and-forth hunting on grades – a trait that is particularly helpful when towing. Also, the 6L80 has a “tap up/tap down” capability that allows the driver to manually select upshifts and downshifts with a button on the column shifter.

I really dont like the looks of it. The dash looks like it belongs in one of the chevy cars like a malibu or impala. The seatbelts are back on the pillar. The seats have no fold down arm rest. The headlights look like they came straight off a Jeep grand cherokee, the back of it looks like a mini-van. The front does not follow the classic lines of the chevy truck generation with a bar seperating the headlamps from park lamps. The front bumper is way over sized and reminds me of a Scion Xb. What happened to chrome bumpers? Quite honestly it looks like a chick ride. I am sure women will love the interior but what does it offer for the truck enthusiast? Aside from the updated powerplant and drivetrain it is very blan...

there were a few spy pics of the escalade out. I did not save them but at least we got to see a glimpse of the outside. I can Imagine the inside will be alot nicer. I agree with the HID option. Every new vehicle should have them, the technology is so cheap now that there is no excuse to at least offer them. But then again it will most likley be a $1500 option so it might be wiser to add them for $300 as an aftermarket mod...

I dont know about anyone else, but when I think of a truck I think of hard defined body lines. Just like the ones of the SSS. I cant see making them softer like on those pictures, and what they did to the steering wheel. I guess I will stick with the SSS I have now.

Archived