Just bought my drop kit

bagged7104ss

Ordered my McGaughys drop kit yesterday and just got it today. I got the 2/3.5 deluxe kit, I was curious to where you guys mounted your hangers, to the top hole or the bottom hole. I just don't want to drag ass all around town. And I am doing the install myself so if you guys have any pointers lets hear them.

Thanks in advance.

I used the lower holes on both the hangers and shackles which gives me the least amount of drop, but I talked to Mike @ McGaughy's and he told me the kit was designed and tested with the shackle in the lower hole and the hanger in the upper hole to compensate for the pinion angle. I don't know if anyone on here has it installed like that.

Late- Alex

Thanks :thumbs: , I may try that this sunday when I install, does your truck sit level with the front?

When I first got the kit installed, the place installed the springs in the upper holes in both the shackles and hangers. Needless to say, the rear end was riding on the bumpstops all the time. I got home and changed it to what it sits at currently. After I did that, I played around with the torsion bars up front to get the stance I wanted. Then I took it for an alignment.

The finished product.

103082130.jpg

It has a little bit of a foward rake, but that's the way I like it. :thumbs:

Late- Alex

Thanks :thumbs: , I may try that this sunday when I install, does your truck sit level with the front?

When I first got the kit installed, the place installed the springs in the upper holes in both the shackles and hangers. Needless to say, the rear end was riding on the bumpstops all the time. I got home and changed it to what it sits at currently. After I did that, I played around with the torsion bars up front to get the stance I wanted. Then I took it for an alignment.

The finished product.

103082130.jpg

Late- Alex

So they way your truck sits in the picture above is that just with the McG 2/3.5 kit or what all did you use to get to where it sits in the picture above i personally think your truck is the best looking i've seen i love it. i wished mine looked that good with a little bit of info from ya im hoping it can thanks man

Jeremy

The finished product.

103082130.jpg

Late- Alex

So they way your truck sits in the picture above is that just with the McG 2/3.5 kit or what all did you use to get to where it sits in the picture above i personally think your truck is the best looking i've seen i love it. i wished mine looked that good with a little bit of info from ya im hoping it can thanks man

Jeremy

Thanks man! :thumbs:

After I fixed my kit, the rear was lower than the front. I then lowered the front by turning the torsions until I got the desired look. I would lift the front up via a jack and turn the torsions, then lower it back on the ground. I would then take it for a spin to make sure the suspension sat and when I got back home, I took a measurment. After I got the desired look, I just made sure the measurments on both sides were even. Don't bother counting when/if you turn the torsions either, mine were uneven.

Late- Alex

What did you do about your front and rear rubber bump stops?  Truck looks GREAT!

The rears were taken out and replaced with some very short poly bumpstops which didn't do very well because on big bumps, the frame would bang on the stops. I ended up installing the McGaughy's air bag kit which solved all my problems. :thumbs: From what I have read, some people have just cut their stock ones down a nub.

Click here for thread!

For the front, I ended up cutting one nub off of the stocks and that was fine.

Late- Alex

What did you do about your front and rear rubber bump stops?  Truck looks GREAT!

The rears were taken out and replaced with some very short poly bumpstops which didn't do very well because on big bumps, the frame would bang on the stops. I ended up installing the McGaughy's air bag kit which solved all my problems. :thumbs: From what I have read, some people have just cut their stock ones down a nub.

Click here for thread!

Late- Alex

what type of shocks are you running with that 2/3.5 kit and do you think just cutting the one nub of the rear bumpstops will work ok because i got my credit card in hand ready to ordered my 2/3.5 kit and am super excited to get it on there and i simply cant afford the air bag kit, and im just wondering if maybe i should just go with a 2/2 drop instead although i would really like the extra inch and a half. Thanks man Jeremy

Click here for thread!

Late- Alex

what type of shocks are you running with that 2/3.5 kit and do you think just cutting the one nub of the rear bumpstops will work ok because i got my credit card in hand ready to ordered my 2/3.5 kit and am super excited to get it on there and i simply cant afford the air bag kit, and im just wondering if maybe i should just go with a 2/2 drop instead although i would really like the extra inch and a half. Thanks man Jeremy

Stock shocks!

Like I stated, with the way I have my kit installed, the frame used to hit the bumpstops on very large bumps only. Also, I have those very hard poly bumpstops installed so with the stock bumpstops, I doubt you would really feel them hit because they are softer.

Buy the deluxe kit, you won't regret it! :thumbs:

Late- Alex

I finally got some time to install the kit today. It went good, took about four or five hours. But after we got the truck off the lift the back was a little lower than the front :dunno: . So we turned the tortion bars a couple times, and that fixed it :D . Took it on the freeway to 85mph and had no vibration. The tires do rub a little when cranked all the way to the left but hardly noticable.

I tried to post pics but, but it isn't working right for me :sigh: . I'll have to start post whoring soon,I will see if I can get Colin (bgdsub72) my neighbor to post them.

I finally got some time to install the kit today. It went good, took about four or five hours. But after we got the truck off the lift the back was a little lower than the front :dunno: . So we turned the tortion bars a couple times, and that fixed it :D . Took it on the freeway to 85mph and had no vibration. The tires do rub a little when cranked all the way to the left but hardly noticable.

I tried to post pics but, but it isn't working right for me  :sigh: . I'll have to start post whoring soon,I will see if I can get Colin (bgdsub72) my neighbor to post them.

congrats!! can't wait till pics come!!

Archived