Let's see your shop!

Wasted Income

yeah and barely enough room to sweeze a hot dog inbetween the cars not really but it has its fair share of junk laying around. Cuda ( going bye bye tommorow) r-1 covered up, myh 454ss truck w/ the top part of the motor pulled right now button it back up on sunday. my 99 z-71 reg cab stepside, my banshee which is also for sale, a 396, 327, 305, 301, 283 motors laying in the back corner, now trannys 2) th350 one with a transfer case. th400 700r4 t10, t5 5 speed, now for tractors a 54 john deere tractor model a, thats it hahhaha, a pull behind pop up camper its done for im hauling it out soon ahhaha i keep saying that but i never do, my work bench in the back my welders my torches, my lathe. my tools in genereal take up a big part of it, a lounge area w/ tv and a fridge yupp thats about it

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Real estate is too damn expensive to build anything around here you can't live in. I wish I had a nice big multicar garage/shop... my dinky little 2 car barely fits the stuff it has in it now.

I guess that's a bonus I get for living out in the middle of nowhere :flag:

The house has a heated 2.5 car garage right now, but it's just not big enough to house all my toys. Hell, I've got some in the garage, some sitting outside, and some at my dad's house. Plus my wife is not a fan of having to park outside in the winter because my project boat is taking up "her" stall in the garage, hehe.

I've got about 3 acres, and I need to put something up, because as you can see (or maybe not) by this extremely poor pic, real estate is not worth much around here, and I'm sick of mowing 3 acres of grass... :thumbs:

Crappy pic of my side and backyard.

Hey, I know what you mean. I just snagged 2.5 acres a year ago this last april. I'm planning on building next summer- we'll see how it goes. It's nice because my dad has a construction co. and I worked for him for 10 years. Basically I'll build the house labor free :D Anyways, they let you put up a 30x40 building... I just dont know if it'll be big enough for all my crap!

just an FYI...Steel or pole barns will net you lower costs but give you minimal increase in resale value of property

Traditional (stick built) will cost more....depends on how large you want to go but it will yield a lot more higher resale value on your home

for instance I looked into building a 116'x30' (stickbuilt garage with a 60'x12' loft running above) price with poured floor was $80k.....however pole barn style with poured floor was $35k

from resale point of view where i live pole barn adds about 5-8k...conventional build would add about 25-40k (depends on finished inside [if water and elec is run])

prices would ultimately depend on location and where you live of course

You guys all make me jealous. :( My "garage" consists of the 20ft of curb space that I park my SS and T/A in. If I could afford it, I'd have a place with a garage, but to buy, you're looking at $700K+ for a 1500Sq Ft townhome with a garage that wouldn't have a chance in hell in fitting the truck.

Here's some pics of my dads garage that I framed.  I live right across the street so its easy acess for me :D  He's in the process of buying a lift, tools, cabinets etc. :thumbs:

P1010037.jpg

P1010038.jpg

:eek: Who ever said money cant buy happiness needs a swift kick in the nads right about now! :crackup:

adams2003: Nice job; plenty of room for burnouts, too :lol:

And yes, life really is a kick in the ass, if you can afford it.

Mr. P. :)

Archived