Canopy Question

atomsite

As an addition to any pickup a canopy provides certain practical benfefits. However on an SS I can see how it could ruin its styling.

In any case, has anyone installed one? How does it look?

Or maybe we shouldn't even think about it. This could be a controversial subject.

I can't say that I even know what a canopy is. But do what you want. It saddens me that we feel the need to tiptoe around subjects because the style police lurk waiting to attack. I love the diversity of things that people do to their vehicles--it allows me to see if I want to do it without spending money or time on it.

That's what makes this site great. Whether it's dcairns' cap, Lee's nerf bars, shopman's upside-down plate bracket, ctrow's lowering, nightshift's wheels, MN C5's 427, my own yellow calipers, or whatever, let 'er rip!

Canopy? If you are thinking of what I call a Shell, this should give you an idea what it can look like. This is a SnugTop XtraVision. It does make the truck look more bulky, but it is practical for my needs. If I didn't need a large covered space, separate from the cab, then I probably would have bought a car instead of the SS.

I agree with schklege, as long as it looks good to you, go for it. Some folks may criticize, but hey, it's your truck and your money, follow your dream :thumbs:

shelledSS.JPG

Unbecoming, unbecoming, unbecoming. :P

Ok, Ok, I am bad. It's just that I have been busy with the mechanical stuff. Besides, waxing in the hot sun isn't the most fun thing to do. And I am still trying to figure out what to use.

It kinda takes the edge off, but oh well, very practical

Just think of it as making the SS a bit of a sleeper :) Perhaps a Lightning will give me a couple of truck lengths head start and learn to regret it :D

Archived