2nd belt and small device?? What are they?

MustBBrent

Ok, when I look at the main pulley on the front of the motor, there are 2 belts, a small one at the back that connects with a tensioner and a small device, and a 2nd one that is wider and seems to connect with everything else.

What is the purpose of the narrower belt and device? Can I get rid of it all together? Or will that cause issues in other places? Thanks for the help. I am taking apart other things on another McGyver mission.

ok, it's the A/C compressor.

But holy sh#$, that bolt on the main crank is on there. The impact isn't buding it off, and the one Brent power just made me laugh.

How the hell did you guys get that da#$ed bolt out for the install of the underdrive pulleys?

I gave up. I only have a tiny 140lb/ft compressor so the impact wasn't strong enough to break the 240lb/ft. so I got out the breaker bar with my brother. It was quite a site 2 6' b oys under the truck with feet on the frame pulling and pushing with no success.

So, I sent the truck off to the custom shop to do the mods for me.

I am in Boston area on business right now, and am having trouble focusing. Want to get back and see the mods and experience the changes.

It should be good.

List of Mods are:

Electric Fans Flexlite 282 :D

Underdrive pulleys :D

throttle body spacer :)

McGuyver-ed (cut out the bottom) intake :jester:

Flowmaster 50 series 3" mufflers :cheers:

3" custom Xpipe :cool:

Wood and leather steering wheel ;)

Wood trim on dash, doors, and center console ;)

sub woofer and MacIntosh amplifier :troll:

Victory Red Spray in Polyeurea bedliner :crazy:

and tinted windows...

unless chevy started doing stupid stuff, the harmonic balancer bolts on small blocks are normal thread, not reversed.

It is normally threaded. It is just torqued to 240 lb/ft torque. a bit more than my little gear can undo. BTW, it has lock tite on it as well. That thing is on there.

Archived