going to the track

shadowsniper3006

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ah, that's what i thought. i heard that is a nice track. gonna check that out someday

don't believe everything you here....it's a hole in the earth. It is however one of the oldest i believe at 50 years old this year. They are just starting to update the track this year. We got a concrete wall between the track and stands, new bathrooms, i think they paved the track, and built a new beer garden. So it's on it's way at least. 2 years ago there were so many pot holes in the pits you didn't know which way to go...and one got the header on my nova. It's cool to have pics of my dad running his cars in the 60's and then me running today. If you do ever get to the area Zippy let me know, be cool to meet up with you.

Brad

Nice cool temps,...should pay off in some good E.T.'s  :thumbs:

Have fun, it is a little far for me to drive there....~800miles.

oh come on whats 800 miles..... ;)

i hope the weather will get me a little better. My last run was 14.47 in 75 degrees with high humidity. I'd realy like to see a 14.3something out of her. Then maybe try a magnaflow muffler and see if it helps, later in the year.

Brad

well not as good as i wanted but at least i can say my truck runs 14.3's.

1: 14.392 launched at 1500, ran it as soon as i got to the track

2: 14.424 launched at 1800, truck was at temp

3: 14.460 launched at 1100, 2nd run in a row

4: 14.463 launched at 1900, 3rd run in a row

5: 14.466 launched at 1900, 4th run in a row, didn't use my tow haul is

supposed to be programed better

6: 14.414 launched at 2000, truck was cool, had a -.003 R/T

7: 14.472 launched at 2000, 2nd run in a row

so i tried everything from high launches to just enough to load the drive shafts, tried running a hot truck and a cool truck, tried running with and with out tow haul(runs a stiffer shift, but that must be it after the pcmforless tune) and the truck was a bracket racer all night. Seems no matter what i did it wasn't going to get any faster then that.

The temps were between 65 and 57 degrees, the best run was at 65 degrees. 60' times between 2.106 and 2.138.

now that i have similar weather, i can say the underdrives took .11 off my times.

didn't see any ss down there, or hemi rams. I ran one hemi AWD magnum, he ran a 14.79 on my 3rd run. Saw a duramax run consistant 12.6's though.

Brad

some decent runs :thumbs:

how is your PCM tunned in the tow\haul mode?  Just firmer shifts or more?

that Duramax sounds badass!!

My mods are Volant CAI with ram air tube, pcmforless tune, 180 stat and underdrive pulley's.

Truck started at 15.010. The volant and pcm brought me to 14.5, Although i'm sure it was all the pcm. The ram air kept my et the same but lowered my MPH. The underdrive got me from 14.5 to 14.39. I think that's all she has though, I think that is the fastest run this set up will see. Weather was pretty good, but i'll try it again in like a 45-50 degree night.

from what i can see right now, the tow/haul just gets a firmer shift. I have an email to bryan right now asking what else i can do with that button. I'm not sure if timing or torque management can also be changed when the button is hit, bu i hope so.

Brad

A converter will really surprise you! I think your next mod of a converter is a MUST! God, 13's are a a strong possibility with that. Took me a cam, full exhaust, 3000 converter and some weight loss to hit 13's (also had your mods). :driving:

Archived