Broken clip on Tailight

2003SilvSS

I don't think I need to go into all details, but I'll share a little. Just got out of a long hairy 3.5 yr long relationship with my ex. Found out the other day that she had been lying to me and cheating on me with some guy that her sister setup for her. It's F'd up because her sister is almost to blame as much as my ex. Anyhow, I took all of her shit over to her house in the back of my SS, backed up to her door and threw everything out under her porch. I was pissed off at the time and slammed the tailgate shut. I'm a big guy who is pretty strong and I over did it a little bit. Somehow the tailgate wasn't alligned in there straight and it binded against the driver tail light and busted the top clip on the inside screw. I was going to town and noticed it looked loose and stopped at the gas pump and saw what I did. It's just the little black clip which the screw holds to. So my question is, would it be worth trying to JB weld it, or should I just try to find a used Tail light? I put a piece of duct tape on the lens and it's holding it fine right now. There's not much pressure on it right there, so it might work. Suggestions please.... I know, i need to control my temper more, but damn, I had a darn good reason to be pissed. I never cheated on her and she did that to me. She was the one always worried about ME cheating. She's dumped me for that guy and I'm on my own now. I left a nice hole in her wall as I was leaving. It's amazing how easy it is to knock a hole through both sides of a wall when you can bench 385. Stupid, but it sure made me feel better.

Brian

Hmm, since it seems like lately everyone has been leaving relationship advice... Here's one thing I've learned over the years: Usually 9 times out of 10 the person who's paranoid about someone else cheating... is cheating themselves! I might be wrong, but I know in my experience it was always the girls that were so worried about what I was doing- that were really up to no good. Hope that helps- sorry about the no help on the tail light though

Be careful with the wall next time, there could be a pipe in the middle that could brake your pinky knuckle and give you a "Boxer Break." Of course this would all be hypathetical (sp?) unless Someone did that once..... :dunno:

Feel for ya :banghead:

Go for the new and always be able to say how much she cost you..... :mad:

This sounds crazy but try this:

Take the broken piece and hold it in place, squirt superglue around the area where the part is broken, and sprinkle baking soda (Arm and Hammer) around on the super glue. The stuff absorbs the superglue and fills in the void between the broken part and the parent piece and is amazingly strong. You can make multiple layers of this for more strength if you wish.

You may want to practice on a scrap piece of plastic first... so you don't make a cobbled up mess of it, but you can fix a lot of stuff with that little trick. I used it to fix broken screw bosses on my plastic glove box door of my 91 Silverado ( they have the cheapest glove box doors in the market) and it worked great! It can be sanded a little to improve the looks if you want too.

Just be careful with it, it's very easy to get glued to the parts, I speak from experience! Remember, Acetone or fingernail polish remover is a solvent to remove superglue.

Hope this is a possibility for you!

:thumbs:

Archived