Whats the best kit for a

SURF

what do you think

DJM

OR

BellTech

i have 99 silverado

please research it guys and let me know the back flip kit looks a lil different between the brands. The c notches look alil different i dont want to take of my bed

and what would be better and easeir to align for the front 2" coils + 2" Spindles (Belltech) or 4" Controll arms (DJM)

The spindles would be best because those DJM controll arms are junk IMO.

As for the c-notch you may or may not have to remove the bed but I can tell you it will be much easier to remove the bed to install the c-notch. All you have to do is unplug the wire harness for the tail lights remove 3 screws holding the filler neck inplace remove the ground strap to the filler neck then pull the 8 bolts out and the bed comes off.

Yeh, i heard that the controll arms were junk. But then i got to thinking that they would be better because the Spindles do require a 17" or bigger tire and my spare is 16" (Aint' that a b!tch). And i also heard the Spindles are harder to align than the Controll arms.

You know your suspension pretty good dont you Jon. i would like to speak with you on phone if you dont mind so that you can help me decide the best way to drop. Thanks

Yeh, i heard that the controll arms were junk. But then i got to thinking that they would be better because the Spindles do require a 17" or bigger tire and my spare is 16" (Aint' that a b!tch). And i also heard the Spindles are harder to align than the Controll arms.

You know your suspension pretty good dont you Jon. i would like to speak with you on phone if you dont mind so that you can help me decide the best way to drop. Thanks

Ok if you ever get a flat in the front with the spindles just take a tire from the rear which will fit up front nd put your spare in the rear!

As far as the 4/6 drop

For the front I would say BellTech spindles and coils for 4"

For the rear I would say the BellTech 6" flip kit would be best I have never installed one of theirs on a late model truck but it can't be much different than anyother flip kit or c-notch. Just make sure you support the truck on 4 stands but not behind where you are going to be cutting the notch. Remove all of the rear suspention/rearend, pull the bed off, then you want to find something that you can use to support the very rear of the frame rails not to have any tension on them but just to keep them from trying to sag when you cut the frame for the notch. then once the frame is cut drill your holes and bolt the notches in place. Removing the bed always takes a bit of extra time at first when you really just want to get started, but you will be much happier when you can actually stand next to the frame rather than sitting on the ground trying to cut the frame, and the cutting will go much faster and easier. This pic is a suggestion from a fabricator because I have seen many notches cut with a torch and hacked out with a sawzall (Please do not do this to your truck).

772146_290_full.jpg

Where the holes are drill two holes where the corners are instead of cutting up and across which would create a sharp point and promote cracking. Then where it says cut off wheel use a cut off wheel to start a slot then use a sawzall to finish the cut to the holes and use the sawzall to cut the verticle lines. Be sure the bottom side of the frame gets cut straight as well. Then sand the edges smooth and remove all burs. Then just mark and drill your holes, just make sure none of your bolts get into a bind when installing them because this could cause stress on the frame and can also cause the frame to bend. Install your flip kit then reinstall the bed! You should be finished with the rear.

Archived