SS Exhaust?

RyanbabZ71

Hello guys. I own a 00 silverado and I was wondering if an SS exhaust would work on my truck. I really like the looks of the stock ss exhaust. Another member of gm-trucks.com said some guys over here were removing their stock exhaust and i was wondering if anyone had one? Thanks

Welcome to the boards, Ryan. :thumbs:

I would guess not but that is just a guess. You might want to call your local Chevy dlr. and get it right from the horses mouth. That'd be the safest thing to do to make SURE you know it'll work before spending your hard earned $$. :thumbs:

Welcome. I am new myself.

Hello guys.  I own a 00 silverado and I was wondering if an SS exhaust would work on my truck.  I really like the looks of the stock ss exhaust.  Another member of gm-trucks.com said some guys over here were removing their stock exhaust and i was wondering if anyone had one?  Thanks

Do you need just the muffler? Or is the tip important to you as well.

I just bought my truck 2 weeks ago and with 212miles on it, I replaced the original muffler, but I reused the 3.5" over the wheel well and tip with my 3" Flowmasters. It is a dual 2 3/4" in and out.

You can have the whole system from me....make offer. Manifolds through the tip. Where do ya live, it would be a nightmare to ship. Had 3000 miles on it. I may want the cats though. lets talk :cheers:

Welcome. I am new myself.

Hello guys.  I own a 00 silverado and I was wondering if an SS exhaust would work on my truck.  I really like the looks of the stock ss exhaust.  Another member of gm-trucks.com said some guys over here were removing their stock exhaust and i was wondering if anyone had one?  Thanks

I just bought my truck 2 weeks ago and with 212miles on it, I replaced the original muffler, but I reused the 3.5" over the wheel well and tip with my 3" Flowmasters. It is a dual 2 3/4" in and out.

Hey MustBBrent! Where did you have the muffler cut at? I'm using a Tahoe muffler on my Silverado which has the same outlet design of the SS muffler, dual 2 3/4" pipes out into a single 3" tailpipe (SS had 3.5" tailpipe). The Tahoe muffler only has a single inlet so I would have to have a Y installed on my inlet pipe and then run dual pipes into the SS muffler. That will cost me some so I'm not sure what I want to spend on the muffler, what you think is a fair price?

Jim

Welcome.  I am new myself. 

Hey MustBBrent! Where did you have the muffler cut at? I'm using a Tahoe muffler on my Silverado which has the same outlet design of the SS muffler, dual 2 3/4" pipes out into a single 3" tailpipe (SS had 3.5" tailpipe). The Tahoe muffler only has a single inlet so I would have to have a Y installed on my inlet pipe and then run dual pipes into the SS muffler. That will cost me some so I'm not sure what I want to spend on the muffler, what you think is a fair price?

Jim

$40 plus shipping? Dunno. Where are you located? Send me email and let's discuss it.

• 4 weeks later...

it was a pain in the rear.

http://www.sounddomain.com/id/mybadbow1

16516336—FOG LAMP ASS. R/H

16516335---FOG LAMP ASS. L/H

15153490---INSERT

15060470---IMPACT BAR

15149708---RETAINERS[12]

14093088---RETAINERS[7]

12479754---BUMPER COVER

15166757---HEADLIGHT R/H

15166756---HEADLIGHT L/H