SSS Cover for winter

COJAM

Is there a cover that will fit over the SSS and provide good protection for the winter. Garage is too small for the SS. Im in Seattle so rain and leaves are a problem. I tries teh generic cover from the parst store and it sucked

Thanks Much

:cheers:

If I understood correctly you will be leaving the SS outside? I dont think it is such a good idea of having your truck sit outside all winter with a cover over it. No matter what, dirt, snow, leaves will blow up from underneath the cover and with the wind I have a feeling it will just scratch the shit out of your truck.

California Car Cover makes one for a full-size chevy, ext. cab. I got the storm weave one. Cost about $300 and it's a awesome cover.

If you don't have a bed cover, you'll need to rig up some way to do it. I used a few 1" X 1" runners from side-to-side and laid a piece of plywood over it. worked like a champ.

As long as you clean the truck really good before you cover it, it will not scratch your truck.

No it won't just be left out all winter buit with $3+ a gallon I sure as hell will not be driving it every day. It could be outside for a week or so at a time between uses. I am in Seattle so its pretty mild but it will rian from November to May. Just looking for a good cover that fits right. It will get a wash almost every week.

Here is the one I got from Summit Racing. This is a Wolf cover.

Wolf Block-It Noah Vehicle CoversQuality vehicle protection at a value price.

These Wolf Block-It Noah vehicle covers offer the ultimate protective car cover fabric at a value price.

Features include:

* Outdoor or indoor use

* Superior protection from rain, pollution, and snow

* Breathable film layer

* Thick and soft protection from dents, dings, and scratches

* 4 layers: Durable top layers, soft bottom layers

Part Number WLF-173-13127 I have this on my 2004 VHO. I do not have a garage just a carport. I do not drive the truck all of the time so it works perfect.

truckcover3.jpg

truckcover2.jpg

truckcover1.jpg

The rain beads up on it and rolls off. The fit is very good and tight. I am going to tie it off on both ends just in case of high winds. I had the same cover on my 02 Z28 and had no problems. You will like this cover and the price is right. Summit had the best price plus it was in stock.

I always make sure I put a good coat of Mothers spray detailer and wipe it down well before covering it.

Archived