Look at what I did

I got a Water-Air barrel intercooler installed on my truck. For everyone that needs to cool their STS powered truck, this kit is very easy to install. All that has to be done is remove one of the intake pipes from the STS kit, Pipe # 6. Install the barrel in its place, find a location for the heat exchanger, and run some heater hose (3/4") to and from the barrel, heat exchanger and water pump. I got the whole kit for about a grand, and installed it my self. To run the water pump I added a Relay and run it of the same signal that the STS oil pump runs on, therefore it will only be on when the oil pump is on.

IntercoolerParts.jpg

NakedFront.jpg

STSStockpipe.jpg

PWRairtowaterCooler.jpg

fillerneck.jpg

H2Opump.jpg

grill.jpg

:driving:

Forgot to mention, The wiring and water lines will be clean up when everything get in a final spot. for now i left some slack so that i can change anything if i have to. enjoy

I havent had a chance to get another pic of the front from further away. As for the track, posibly this friday i will go to a new one that opened up in Peris, however its only an 1/8 of a mile track, so i hear. It will be interesting to see what she does.

I have the 05 efans, transgo hd2 trany kit with the springs kit installed, sonax super hold billet 4th gear servo, pinless billet second gear servo, oversized boost valve, marine 8.1l injectors, walbro gss340 fuel pump, the water to air intercooler and tuning by nelson for now. As soon as i learn ho to tune for my self, i will be purchasing efilive flash scan. till then i'll rely on the experts.

Cool looking.

Why not mount the h/e in the lower opening and put in a much larger tranny cooler? It would be better for both and simple to do. h/e looks very similar to the one being used by the Radix trucks.

Did you happen to do before and after IAT readings, or are you another $4k+ modded truck with no logging software? Sorry, I guess I don't understand if you are.

Cool looking.

Why not mount the h/e in the lower opening and put in a much larger tranny cooler?  It would be better for both and simple to do.  h/e looks very similar to the one being used by the Radix trucks.

Did you happen to do before and after IAT readings, or are you another $4k+ modded truck with no logging software?  Sorry, I guess I don't understand if you are.

Yup, I'm one of those, however efilive is coming soon. I have used the techII before, but i dont remember the exact temp that it was running before, it was a few months ago. I havent since been able to get my hands on a techII, i had one a few weeks ago but there was a problem with it and it would not communicate with my truck or other newer vehicles.

Archived