K&N airfilter in the stock air box??

Meegs

I search more than i post but i did do a search for a K&N drop in and found no results. so I was wondering if anybody has tried it before? i kinda like my intake that i have now but i was just looking at the stock air box sitting on the garage floor and thought to my self...the stock dosen't seem 'all that much' different than a outlaw or volant. i don't have either of those intake but i would imagine that they both use the stock holes from the stock intake?? am i right or wrong?? from that then the difference would be the after markets would be made more smooth and shorter than the stock. and that hermiez air blalancer thing a ma gig. still not fully sold on that either. past that all i can think of is the stock air filter and stock replacement K&N are both "square plate" filters and most after market ones would be a cone...at least "I THINK" that Volant and Outlaw use cone filters?...

Dunno...anybody have any thoughts???

I put an Air Raid cold air box on mine

and could hear a difference in the intake

you can actually hear the air draw, the filter

also collects more crap the the stock does

and that is probobly also true for the

square K&N. IMO :dunno: Iam not an expert

Dan :cheers:

there are a few around here with the stock box and a drop in filter.

i had a drop in with my whipple and then had you port the air box and and add a addtional round k&n out the side because the air box could not flow enough cfm

i bought their cold air kit which was a cone filter and housing to seal it to the fender and it replaced the whole stock air box and i saw about a 1 psi boost increase with the rear injector housing!

i don't think the stock air box can flow enough

Archived