squeal in stearing?

gmcgrands

Hi new here I like the board. I dont have a SS but have a 05'Sierra Denali. Children force me to need a crew cab or I would have a SS. The Truck makes a squealing sound when you turn the wheel more than 1/2 turn. More so when turning left. This truck only has 3100 miles .I took it to my dealer and they said there was a bullieten regarding trucks with a 600 series steering gear I think? They ordered a valve that goes between the hose and pump that was supposed to correct the problem. It didnt fix the problem. Any help? From what I understand they are basicly the same as your SS trucks as far as suspension and powertrain. I have the factory 20" wheel and tire package, I dont know if its relevant or not, but I know of three other SD's with this same problem and all have 20's. Since there are more SS trucks and all with 20's I thought some of you may have run into this. Here is a link to a discussion that has been on Denali trucks.com http://www.denalitrucks.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1865

Thanks for any help.

I had to get a power steering hose replaced due to a leak. If the valve you are talking about is the line bias valve that would be one possibility. Another thing could be either the pump or the box itself. Be diligent those guys can be di**s. It never fails to amaze me that you can spend $35k on a truck and they forget about you the next day. Good luck.

Dave

Archived