SS & VHO engine, What is the difference???

jethro_3

same hp. slight difference in the torque management as well as a different speed limiter. not enough to be a big difference. either way, nobody in their right mind sticks with the stock programming.

Torque management due to the AWD vs 2wd ... correct?

Speed limiter, I thought all Chevy trucks topped out at 98?????

The house it lives in...... fully clad AWD with advertisement badges.. Sleeper 2wd and no badges for $10K less .... OK, make me drive it!!!!

Have a person telling me adimatly that the VHO has less compression and less horsepower..... Fact or Fiction?

If the engine parts on the LQ9 in the SS and VHO are the same then the compression has to be the same for both trucks correct????

The lower compression 6 liter is called a LQ4 correct?

Sorry I seem to be asking ignorent questions but I want this person to be enlightend as well as educate me. :wtf: Thanks.....

LQ9 equipped trucks also come with more capable tires/suspensions, so governor is 108mph.
Have a person telling me adimatly that the VHO has less compression and less horsepower..... Fact or Fiction?
They are misinformed; there are two 6.0l engines, the LQ9 is the high compression (345hp) and the LQ4 is the low compression one (325hp); other than piston dish volume the two engines are identical to the last bolt.
If the engine parts on the LQ9 in the SS and VHO are the same then the compression has to be the same for both trucks correct????
Correctamundo.
...but I want this person to be enlightend as well as educate me.
:thumbs: Nothing to be sorry for - you're in the right place with the right people. Hope to meet up with you in the near future, since we are only a couple hours apart. I *miss* Austin!

Mr. P. :)

LQ9 equipped trucks also come with more capable tires/suspensions, so governor is 108mph.

HAHAHA.... I did 117 the other day, it got there rather quickly too...

I was impressed! :ughdance::driving::cool:

~Brian

I am contemplating when and where to have a Texas get together. :pop: I would like to see a few more of these things and put a face to a name.... and then the holidays come and mess up that thought...... :banghead:

Thanks for the information guys, any other information would be helpful in the education of the miss guided!!!!! :driving::devil::driving:

~Brian

:thumbs: You know Brian, I've only gotten mine to 115 once; the hood was about to flutter away :lol: so hmmmm think we need to look into a fender louver mod to vent that pressure off, like the Trans-Ams. Hmm serious thought here, wonder if the Goodmark hoods have the same problem...

You're right, a couple of us wanted to arrange a central TX GTG, we were thinking San Antonio but when  :dunno:

Make it a Friday and we can hit the SA track for a few runs.....????? :D

Make it like the first weekend in November so it's not to close to Thanksgiving? Why not Austin, it's a little more central? :driving:

If we can get some interest I will set things up!!!! :cheers:

~Brian

:thumbs: You know Brian, I've only gotten mine to 115 once; the hood was about to flutter away :lol: so hmmmm think we need to look into a fender louver mod to vent that pressure off, like the Trans-Ams. Hmm serious thought here, wonder if the Goodmark hoods have the same problem...

goodmark hoods do it at about 120-130mph at least from my experience

Archived