Help CHIP FOOSE rims peeling like an orange

I was just cleaning my 22'' foose speedsters and a huge piece of chrome peeled off. there over 1 yr old the production date is 1/22/04 does anyone have an info on who to contact if there is anything i can do? The truck only has 19k on it and this was one of the driest summers ever. I have never seen tires outlast the rims.

Here is additional info off the rim

F11522188P0A 1/22/04 1ST 3161

Im wondering if this was the first set made! I looked at the others and they have the samething happing not as bad yet. I will post a pic tonight its a big curl that will keep going if i pull it. :puke::puke:

Did this require you to start 2 threads within a couple minutes of eachother? :wtf:

I'd say take them back to where ever you bought them... if they won't do anything about it then maybe find a chrome plating place and have them re-chromed.

Did this require you to start 2 threads within a couple minutes of eachother?  :wtf:

I'd say take them back to where ever you bought them... if they won't do anything about it then maybe find a chrome plating place and have them re-chromed.

Sorry i thought I put the first thread in the wrong spot :dunno:

And they came with the truck when I bought it. so no receipt.

any idea who rechromes or what the cost would be? Something has to be wrong I just sold a 74 cutlass with original chrome bumpers on it and they looked pretty dam good. I cant even imagine what will happen to these in the winter.

I sent an email to chipfoose they gave me an autoresponce to www.mhtwheels.com so i sent an email to them. I need a praying smilie

One more HOLTY

My Webpage

is that what you wanted or do you just want an up close of the rim?

PS one of my rears has a nice flake missing these things are falling apart :confused:

Holty how much did you pay for the used rims? did they have tires? any pitting where the spokes meet the rim? are you selling the stock rims

Archived