Help CHIP FOOSE rims peeling like an orange

The tires are NITTO 305/40

Its not looking good 1yr warrenty. I spoke to the North East manager of MHT WHEELS. I asked him if I can send pictures just so he can get an idea the shape of the truck and take a look at the wheel.

Bottom line I know there defective, I have seen 20 year old craigers rims in better shape than mine. I would even settle for prorating the rims or something. :cry:

Brandon you may be right. This guy Mike said he will call the corporate office but 98% of the time its no dice he said if I had the original receipt it may help a hair maybe give me 3% chance. I bought the truck from a board member so I shot him an email hopefully he can help. I drove the truck today the wind is just taking all of the chrome off :tear:

A few tid bits for you guys most rims dealers give you 1 year. If you are buying on the internet they could be blems. It maybe worth paying a few extra bucks and going to a local guy at least you can be face to face if you have a problem.

I would find an e-mail for them and send the picture to them and be asking some questions.  Unless someone has damaged the wheel, then I would say this is a quality issue on their end.  That sucks big time.

:withstupid: Try to contact Foose and see what they can/will do.

I would find an e-mail for them and send the picture to them and be asking some questions.  Unless someone has damaged the wheel, then I would say this is a quality issue on their end.  That sucks big time.

:withstupid: Try to contact Foose and see what they can/will do.

Thanks guys I do love this truck.

I did email foose they directed me to this mike guy and I dont think he is going to do anything. I took it to work the other day it got even worse.

I dont think foose makes them. I guess he just sticks his name on it and gets paid.

So does anyone want to buy a set of slightly used foose rims :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
OK FOOSE ONLY OFFERS A ONE YEAR WARRANTY ON THOSE WHEELS. IF YOU ARE LOCATED IN SOUTHERN CALI THEN LET ME KNOW TO GET IT RECHROMED ITS GOIN TO BE AROUND 90$ A WHEEL AND ITS NOT THAT CHEEP CHROME ITS TRIPLE PLATED. SO LET ME KNOW WHAT YOUR LOOKING AT DOING OK LATE.

Yes thats what MHT told me. Im in New York does that 90 include removeing tire and remount and balence or do i have to send you just a rim? Im not sure it will be cost effective. thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I had a set of Kaotik Fix wheels on my Trailblazer... manufactured by MHT same as Foose. I had a similar problem to what you have. My wheels were peeling and pitting! I had them on for about 16months before it happened and I sent them back to MHT and just fought with them for a month or two until they finally offered me a full refund! Basically I ended up getting my money back and bought a set of Bazo wheels.

If you are going to fight with them be ready for it to take some time! It sucks, but in the end it saved me a boatload of money!

And for anyone that cares... I am one of those people that washes his car/truck atleast once or twice a week. Part of the reason I was able to send them back and replace was because they could clearly see that I took the wheels off to clean them often! The back side of the wheels were as shiny as the front when they were sent back! I guess detailing cars to pay for my mods taught me to take care of my own stuff!

I had a set of Kaotik Fix wheels on my Trailblazer... manufactured by MHT same as Foose.  I had a similar problem to what you have.  My wheels were peeling and pitting!  I had them on for about 16months before it happened and I sent them back to MHT and just fought with them for a month or two until they finally offered me a full refund!  Basically I ended up getting my money back and bought a set of Bazo wheels. 

If you are going to fight with them be ready for it to take some time!  It sucks, but in the end it saved me a boatload of money! 

And for anyone that cares... I am one of those people that washes his car/truck atleast once or twice a week.  Part of the reason I was able to send them back and replace was because they could clearly see that I took the wheels off to clean them often!  The back side of the wheels were as shiny as the front when they were sent back!  I guess detailing cars to pay for my mods taught me to take care of my own stuff!

unfortuneatly, i think he bought his foose wheels used, as did I. Mine have had no problems, but they have yet to be put on my truck because i bought them in the late octobober, so i figured i'd just wait till spring to put them on.

Thanks guys they came with the truck I bought used so I have no original receipt. So MHT will do zippo for me. Every time I drive it the wind catches the chrome and peels even more. It looks real bad. I have not decided what to do. I will run them for the rest of the winter then decide in spring. Funny the guy at MHT told me well your in the north east. I said I had 20 year old craigers that looked better. You gotta be kidding $600 rims that last 16 months.

Archived