Paint, Help!

6.0ss

Ok, I don't want to toot my own horn but I have considered myself a near pro at taking care of black paint. I have owned 5 cars and all have been black and kept in imaculate condition.... And now I am stuck! :banghead::cry:

I have been out of town the last two weekends and have been running like crazy at work. So becuase of that the truck has not received a wash in 2 weeks, (not normal for me at all) I washed it last night, Still looked dirty, washed it this morning again, looked dirty. Got out the spray detailer, wax, clay Bar and this shit still is not coming out of the paint. :confused:

It looks like I took my truck through a touchless car wash and did not dry it down to get the crap off. Water spots over the whole paint. The paint is smooth, not rough, just waxed it 1 month ago. But this stain is all over the paint. I can't get it to come up on camera really well, but the whole truck looks like shit. :nonod:

I have been a Zymol and 3M guy for years and they have served me well. What can I try next? If it does not come out is this shit covered by insurance some how?

Any imput would be nice, Thanks guys in advance!

Joe

I have been viewing it in Sun light out doors. It looks like deep ingrained water spots that don't have any texture to them.

I went at it for the last hour, worked up a good sweat... it helped but did not work all the way.

Washed a 2x2 spot with dawn to cut the grease. dried it, Hit it with the clay bar, 7 applications!!!! :eek: . (clay bar was getting really dirty quick each time :confused: ) Went at it with the 3M "Perfect it III" hand buffing solution 3 times. Then 3M paste wax buffed off after dried.

It looks better but not like it did 2 weeks ago at my show!! took like 40 min to do the area around the gas cap and the shit is everywhere except the hood, tonneau, tailgate and roof? :confused::confused::confused:

I have a friend that has the ZANO 5 step process I will give a try to tomorrow, I sure hope it works. IF it does not ill have to take it to a real pro and see what can be done besides a re paint!! :banghead:

Any one know if paint damage is covered under insurance policies? I guess ill have to ask my guy!

After it rains and you look at my truck (black) in the sun it has those "ingrained" water spots on it, im not too sure what you mean by "scales." :dunno: I will agree with you that they are very hard to get off but usually a really good washing (turtle wax platinum series soap), drying completely with a shamy, and i use a 3m gloss enhancer with a soft towel, most of the time it does the trick. If not I do it all over again. Good luck

the way i used to get rid of my bad water spots is i would wash it a couple of times with joy then use 3M handglaze. wipe it on and before it would try i would wipe it off. that always helps my paint after i have let the truck set for a few months in out in the weather.

You could always try buffing it with some 3M "Finesse It!" and then re-waxing. Man I've heard horror stories about what is really in those car washes. One I heard was that the wax is cut with kerosene...maybe just an urban legend. God only knows what kind of sh*# they use as soap or a "spotfree" rinse. Good luck!

Later

Dave

Ill give some of this stuff a try, thanks for the input, I am waiting for the sun to come up so I can take a good look at my work from last night after my last post. the rings around the water spots are gone, but the center of the water spot is still there.

Example of what it looks like. For those that have Polerized sun glasses, you know when you look at the back window of other cars it has those spots on it. well that is what the paint looks like! :banghead:

Ohh, I while i was washing i discovered that someone stole my valve caps, and my onstar antenna and regular radio antenna? I am wondering if this was vandalizim? :cry:

Someone mentioned kereosene used in car washes. I have a wax/cleaner which has in it petrolum based products (like kereosene) in them. It cleans tar and road oils etc. very well, leaving the paint with a clean shine. It is not harmful. Could these spots possibly be acid rain damage? I ve heard that they look like water spots that won t come out. If this is the case have someone familiar with this look at it and determine how to safely remove.

I own a detailing business that I use as side work and I am clueless as to what to tell ya. I would have thought that dawning the car and then claying it would have helped. try some polish made for reducing swirls(little more abrasive than a regular polish) and see if that works on it.

good luck.

you may also want to post over at autotopia.com they have some very knowledgable detailers there.

Brandon

I had lunch with my insurance agent today, He said that it is covered and that I have to have a body shop give me an estimate. I have show car coverage on my truck so everything from top to bottom is fully covered!

Ill keep ya posted on what it is

You could always try buffing it with some 3M "Finesse It!" and then re-waxing. Man I've heard horror stories about what is really in those car washes. One I heard was that the wax is cut with kerosene...maybe just an urban legend. God only knows what kind of sh*# they use as soap or a "spotfree" rinse. Good luck!

Later

Dave

:withstupid: I swear by this stuff. Done with a buffer is best.

Archived